Ohio-Cincinnati

DOC limited suggestions?

Im in a bind. My DOC was a lady trying to build her portfolio for her business, then she just ups and leaves me and 2 other cincinnati weddingbees high and dry. I cant really complain though, bc she was going to do it for free- BUT that leaves me without a DOC! Im kinda freaking out. I just need someone super limited, for like 2 hrs. (To light the candles and floryltes, etc) then thats it. Does anyone know someone that charges per hr? or anything like that

Re: DOC limited suggestions?

• edited December 2011
    Oh no! I think since you're so close to your wedding, any planner who is still available for your date will take the job because they're not likely to get anything else for the date at this point. Have you contacted Kristen Kloth from Tres Chic or Julie from Cincy Event Planning, or Betsey Beech of Elizabeth Events? There's also Alison from Aviva Events, but I think she charges more. I think all of these ladies would do a good job and will probably be open to an hourly rate. Or they could possibly give you someone who they use as an assistant since you don't need any actual planning. Maybe if you tell them what happened they could go into problem solving mode and recommend someone reliable to you.

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    thank you so much! I printed this out and Im going to make calls on Monday. Thanks
  • edited December 2011
    If pp's suggestion doesn't work, try asking your bridesmaids (or friends, or family) if they have a friend, sister, mom, etc. who might be willing to help out for $50 or whatever you think is fair.  If it's something as simple as being somewhere at a specific time for 2 hours, I would think you could find a friend to help.  GL!
  • edited December 2011
    If you want to go with Kristen of Tres Chic..I would call her today.  She is usually pretty quick to return calls especially at this time of need. If she don't return you call by this evening then email her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards