South Carolina

Seamstress in Columbia, SC

Hello!  I'm looking for a seamstress in Columbia to handle the alterations of my bridal dress.  I need to ship the dress to them as well so given my schedule and working in a hospital.  Does anyone have a name of a reputable and trustworthy seamstress that I can use?

Thank you!!!

Re: Seamstress in Columbia, SC

• CoffeejunkieCoffeejunkie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Juanita's on Main!
  • Yogi2BeYogi2Be member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jane Strivens in Irmo, SC.  She can be a bit pricey, but you cannot beat the quality of her work.  I've seen her completely re-make the top of a dress after another seamstress ruined it.  She is fabulous.
  • Pattycakes3Pattycakes3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know this is WAY outdated from this posting....but I came across it when searching for a seamstress this year. I would highly recommend Simply Sewing on Two Notch Rd. (The ones listed below were no where to be found- not sure if some went out of business?) Anywho- I usually get my pants hemmed by Darlene @ Simply Sewing, and knew that I didn't want to spend a fortune on altering my gown. She did a fabulous job on shortening the dress but still kept each layer symmetrical, brought in the sides and top (kept the right ruching pattern), and created a bustle for the reception. It was a GREAT price (under $150)- and she didn't take ages to get it back to me (like I hear happens @ David's Bridal). Give her a call!  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011

If you need gown alterations go to Shirley's on Millwood.  It is small shop but the work is impeccable! I got my gown at David's Bridal and had it shortened, straps tightened and a bustle put on.  We did 3 fittings to make sure it was perfect.  Shirley was fantastic to work with and the dress came out perfect. I highly recommend her!

• Does anyone know how I can contact Jane Strivens in Irmo, SC
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards