July 2012 Weddings

random BM question/shower invites and registry stalking

I am giving all my BMs and junior BMs pearl earrings and big bracelets to wear the day of the wedding. Some of them have asked me about what jewelry they should bring/wear for the wedding. I don't wanna be like HEY, I AM GIFTING YOU JEWELRY THE DAY OF THE WEDDING! so don't bring any. But at the same time, I don't want them to worry about buying some studs that match their dress, or anything like that, since they won't wear any jewelry besides what I am giving them.

For those of you doing the same thing - what are you telling your BMs about their jewelry situation??

also, PS, my cousin emailed me this morning to tell me my shower invites are going out tomorrow. I already stalked all my registries in anticipation. 

PPS: thank you all for entertaining me when I am bored at work. the megachat sessions that we all had last week = amazing. I actually am sad that I have to travel a lot this week for work because it means I won't have as much time to play on TK with you all!

Re: random BM question/shower invites and registry stalking

• That's actually a good question. Hmm.

I may just tell them if they get annoying about it that they don't need to buy any earrings. Although I suppose you're right and that ruins the surprise!

Good question. Sorry that didn't help much!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • When I was MOH in my bff's wedding, she bought us jewlery to wear the day of. She did tell us in advance to make sure we didn't buy anything or plan on wearing something else. I don't think it ruined the gift. I think it's a pretty common thing to do.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_random-bm-questionshower-invites-and-registry-stalking?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:1b7173ee-febd-4222-b472-f79653c6baecPost:41689578-c01d-4b62-a085-94ad2770edd8">Re: random BM question/shower invites and registry stalking</a>:
    [QUOTE]When I was MOH in my bff's wedding, she bought us jewlery to wear the day of. She did tell us in advance to make sure we didn't buy anything or plan on wearing something else. I don't think it ruined the gift. I think it's a pretty common thing to do.
    Posted by dawnleanna1[/QUOTE]

<div>This exactly. When one of my BMs got married, she told us in advance that she bought us earrings to wear for her wedding. It definitely didn't ruin the gift because we didn't know what the earrings looked like until we opened them. </div>
    imageAnniversary
  • Maybe I'll ruin the surprise and tell them the earrings are already covered. . . lol :) They're still getting a robe, so that'll still be a surprise!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah, I would tell them ahead of time so they don't buy something that they intend to only wear for your wedding.  I would appreciate it a lot more if I knew that it was going to be provided instead of wasting time searching for a pair on my own.
  • I havent really thought about that. I am glad you brought this up. I might just end up telling them bring something (not sure what) and then give them the gifts for them to wear.
    pregnancy calendar
  • Ditto to those who say to let the girls know, I think the greatest gift a bride can give is anything to make the process easier/more affordable for the wedding party, I usually consider it a bonus if the jewelry is actually something I'd wear again which pearls certainly are, go you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm not very good at keeping secrets so I've already told all of my BMs that they do not need to worry about jewlery for the day of.
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In the past, it's always just been assumed there would be jewelry provided for the weddings I was in lol

So, I'm not telling them anything. My sister/MOH already knows since she was with me when I got it, but the rest, well I have been in two of their weddings and we received jewelry, and the third made jewelry that was gifted for one of those weddings LOL so I am just assuming everyone knows...if they asked though, I would just tell them not to worry about it...with a nudge and wink so they get it :)
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards