Snarky Brides

Update to that awful TN thread (that Ricks posted)

Re: Update to that awful TN thread (that Ricks posted)

• Good.  What a cuntbag.
    panther
  • I saw that too - total douche.
  • Can she post with a new sn or is her ip address banned
  • And did I read she took down her FB account too?  Too bad you can't just perma-ban people from the entire internet. 
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2012
    TN can perma ban?

(edited)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_update-to-that-awful-tb-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:733b05ae-592e-4039-8878-9c9c932edf76Post:3ec0d24c-9cc8-4ef7-8eba-68765ec75ed3">Re: Update to that awful TN thread (that Ricks posted)</a>:
    [QUOTE]TB can perma ban?
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]

AND TN.

Ricks- permaban, unless she gets  anew IP I guess.  But from the sounds of it, she won't bother. Apparently people were outing her, because they knew her IRL too.
  • polichikpolichik member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I'm really glad you posted this. I didn't see the original thread, but I read a summary and was just shocked. There's a big difference between ragging on someone and just being cruel.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_update-to-that-awful-tb-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:733b05ae-592e-4039-8878-9c9c932edf76Post:df5fc595-6e8e-4a75-a71a-336a6d392a37">Re: Update to that awful TN thread (that Ricks posted)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Update to that awful TN thread (that Ricks posted) : AND TN. Ricks- permaban, unless she gets  anew IP I guess.  But from the sounds of it, she won't bother. Apparently people were outing her, because they knew her IRL too.
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

I'd just fixed that :p

I bet she'll be back with a new IP. 
  • Good, She was awful.
  • Where's Bec? I liked her name for alabastard.
  • I was reading on a few other boards and someone said some poster had contacted her H's boss and told him about her comments... O.o

Posters exacting vigilante justice is scary.
  • This ish is on ALL of the internets.  They had her FB out there, and her blog...both of which have apparently been taken down now.  Remind me not to f*ck with the Nesties because srsly.  B*tches be crazy.

That stupid heifer deserved every minute of it, though.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Oh hey guys, look. I've moved to West Coast Florida? That's news to me.
  • cheeseandricecheeseandrice member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_update-to-that-awful-tb-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:733b05ae-592e-4039-8878-9c9c932edf76Post:9c773329-562c-48f8-962c-db7e9090d248">Re: Update to that awful TN thread (that Ricks posted)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel like a jerk. I don't really remember thinking she should be banned when I read the thread.  I thought she was a huge douche but I didn't think she was banworthy.
    Posted by kodakitty[/QUOTE]

Did you read all of it? She was awful. She was changing her sig throughout too, to mock the OP. (Like, making up dead babies to put in her sig.)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_update-to-that-awful-tb-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:733b05ae-592e-4039-8878-9c9c932edf76Post:a9314091-3af4-4759-8f87-6f28bac107aa">Re: Update to that awful TN thread (that Ricks posted)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was reading on a few other boards and someone said some poster had contacted her H's boss and told him about her comments... O.o Posters exacting vigilante justice is scary.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

Holy firey ballsacks.
    panther
  • YAY! People like her should be banned to fucking rotten tree stumps on deserted islands in jungles full of tigers. In dresses made of raw meat.
  • oh wow Mara. Yeah, that's a little too much. But hey. Internet Security 101.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_update-to-that-awful-tb-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:733b05ae-592e-4039-8878-9c9c932edf76Post:a9314091-3af4-4759-8f87-6f28bac107aa">Re: Update to that awful TN thread (that Ricks posted)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was reading on a few other boards and someone said some poster had contacted her H's boss and told him about her comments... O.o Posters exacting vigilante justice is scary.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

<div>I called that one yesterday. I knew that was going to happen. Nothing is anonymous on the internet. I bet she had a really shitty day today. Poor thing. She should add that to her rape sig on whatever new message board she invades.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_update-to-that-awful-tb-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:733b05ae-592e-4039-8878-9c9c932edf76Post:fa42ab49-8c74-4cce-90ee-6f0c5a383bf3">Re: Update to that awful TN thread (that Ricks posted)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Update to that awful TN thread (that Ricks posted) : Her sig was a blank box with the words "a picture of how much I care" under it, when I read the thread. I thought she was awful just not ban worthy. I saw references to sigs that were no longer up, so I didn't catch everything. I thought she was extremely insensitive and douchetastic. I don't recall reading any comments thinking she should be banned.
    Posted by kodakitty[/QUOTE]

She made a follow up post to say something about how her favorite joke was a dead baby joke, that on top of everything else was ban-worthy to me.
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    CN please? I have NO idea wtf this is about...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_update-to-that-awful-tb-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:733b05ae-592e-4039-8878-9c9c932edf76Post:6a441604-fe0b-4824-9011-76e532ecf2de">Re:Update to that awful TN thread that Ricks posted</a>:
    [QUOTE]CN please? I have NO idea wtf this is about...
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

long story short... a girl who had two miscarraiges (actually, stillborn babies at like 19 and 20 weeks) posted on the TN Board BNOTB.  She said in her intro that she was looking for somewhere to escape baby talk.

The first person to respodn said they'd only take her if she took the dead babies out of her sig. (It was pretty harmless, especially as far as TB sigs usually go.)

Which then brought on a bunch of comments from people about how they post on BNOTB to avoid babies. and how they don't want to be reminded of dead babies everytime the girls posts. At one point alabastar said she might as well just tattoo it on her forehead, because obviously the OP talks about it all the time IRL too.

I didn't read the WHOLE thread, because it was pretty nasty.  A bunch of TB girls jumped it and a big drama ensued.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_update-to-that-awful-tb-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:733b05ae-592e-4039-8878-9c9c932edf76Post:76fe834c-1fa8-4c02-bbea-bf8adcda57e6">Re: Update to that awful TN thread (that Ricks posted)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Update to that awful TN thread (that Ricks posted) : This. Don't get me wrong; I think she is probably the worst person I've ever come across on the interwebs, but a lot of those "fighting" her weren't much better.<strong> Telling her they hoped she did get raped, was run over and killed by the wheels of her wheelchair, etc</strong>.   Stalking someone and calling their husband's work is way, way too far.
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

<div>This was also disgusting to me. I can dislike someone or hate someone (and she was just TERRIBLE) but I would never wish that sort of thing on someone. A <u>lot </u>of people acted like assholes in that thread. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_update-to-that-awful-tb-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:733b05ae-592e-4039-8878-9c9c932edf76Post:76fe834c-1fa8-4c02-bbea-bf8adcda57e6">Re: Update to that awful TN thread (that Ricks posted)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Update to that awful TN thread (that Ricks posted) : This. Don't get me wrong; I think she is probably the worst person I've ever come across on the interwebs, but a lot of those "fighting" her weren't much better. Telling her they hoped she did get raped, was run over and killed by the wheels of her wheelchair, etc.   Stalking someone and calling their husband's work is way, way too far.
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

Yeah, some people's responses made me think they weren't any better than her.
  • oh yeah. I agree. A lot of people were being assholes in that thread.
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited March 2012
    In Response to Re:Update to that awful TN thread that Ricks posted:[QUOTE]Nebb, basically a woman posted an intro thread and in her sig was reference to her two stillborn babies. nbsp;Regs ? took offense and told her she needed to remove them b/c they're on BNOTB and the sigs are inappropriate. nbsp;Fighting ensued.nbsp; Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]
    How did it escalate from that to banning? What is BNOTB?
  • marateamaratea member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_update-to-that-awful-tb-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:733b05ae-592e-4039-8878-9c9c932edf76Post:054fb110-2085-44f9-8037-f00ed5e837bd">Re: Update to that awful TN thread (that Ricks posted)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Update to that awful TN thread (that Ricks posted) : This was also disgusting to me. I can dislike someone or hate someone (and she was just TERRIBLE) but I would never wish that sort of thing on someone. A lot of people acted like assholes in that thread. 
    Posted by KateJ10[/QUOTE]
    Yeah. I mean of course alabastard was being a huge jerk-off, but there were some other people in that thread that said pretty terrible things too. I thought it was a bit hypocritical that some people were chanting 'ban alabastard' while in the same breath saying stuff like 'your rapists diick probably fell off after entering your cold, soulless body'. Inappropriate on all sides.
  • I think the issue with the banning was that the mod of the board has said she cant ban anyone because the conversion isnt done yet, so any mod can delete things on any board, but none of them have ban powers yet, so it was passed on to TN Gods and they did the banning.

I think.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_update-to-that-awful-tb-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:733b05ae-592e-4039-8878-9c9c932edf76Post:7195ee27-40f7-4e17-be4e-6d825614ef69">Re: Update to that awful TN thread (that Ricks posted)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Babies Not on the Brain <strong>So clearly, a sig with references to stillborn babies would be inappropriate.</strong>   <strong>Duh.</strong>  If I remember correctly, wasn't someone making fun of Ala for being disabled?  I think that's pretty awful in and of itself.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

Why?  She wanted to go to a place where she could talk about something other than babies.  She'd just gone through a hard loss and probably didn't want to deal with The Bump and wanted to find a place she could definately avoid baby talk.  WTF.  You do know there are parents on that board, right?  And that Ala herself has two kids?

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_update-to-that-awful-tb-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:733b05ae-592e-4039-8878-9c9c932edf76Post:c2986cd2-1ceb-4c44-9618-9b04c2b59d9f">Re:Update to that awful TN thread that Ricks posted</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Update to that awful TN thread that Ricks posted : People from all boards on TN and TB got involved (not literally, but it was spread around).  In addition to the vile things being said, there were many appeals to Knot/Bump Kathleen to ban. Apparently, from what the mod said, she did. Personally, I think <strong>the ones who posted the links to her facebook page which was NOT linked to her Nest account should have been banned as well.
    </strong>Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

I agree with that.  The posting of her FB to the thread wasn't called for even if she was  a huge douche.  I'm surprised that person wasn't banned.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Good riddance to that hoar. Reading through that thread was absolutely horrifying.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards