Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Cookie table

What kinds of cookies are you going to have on your cookie table?
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Cookie table

• We are having cookies that us and our familis love or have at the holidays. I asked arond our family what they would like to see and it gave me some great ideas. Plus in both of our family we have traditions of Italian and Syrian cookies we have at weddings. Talk with your family and friends they will be the ones eating them and plan for 4 to 5 cookies person I was told. If you are doing them as the combine favor then a few more since guest can take them home.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • manjermjmanjermj member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2012
    All of my aunts are making their "specialty". I asked everyone what they want to make and then made a list so no one duplicated. 

We are having chocolate chips, oatmeal raisins, lady locks, peanut butter blossoms, Russian tea cookies, sugar cookie cutouts, cherry cordials, white chocolate cranberry, thumbprints, pizelles, nut horns, anise cookies, and nut rolls, apricot rolls, poppyseed rolls and I'm sure more will pop up over the next month. 
  • 4-5 per person seems better than the dozen I was estimating LOL

Thanks ladies!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • csuavecsuave member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2012

Not quite sure yet, but my ideas are: Peanut butter blossoms, lady locks, oreo truffles (these were a huge hit at my friend's wedding), cut outs, buckeyes (we are both from Ohio), thumbprints.  I bought a box of Ghiradelli shortbread cookie mix at Aldi when they had it for Christmas and might make those.

• CaitlynmkCaitlynmk member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2012
    We were told to assume 5-6 cookies per person, so that would mean we would need about 90 dozen cookies for our guest list... crazy!! We're providing take home containers for people, I purchased 100 of them for the 180 guests we're expecting... I really hope its enough. We have a lot of family members who offered to help, but my mom and grandma will probably do most of these:
    Ladylocks
    Peanut butter blossoms
    buckeyes
    chocolate chip
    peanut butter
    lemon drop
    cheesecake tassies
    black eyed susans
    georgia peach cookies
    sugar cookies
    pizzelles
    cannolis