Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

DB.. really?

So one of my BM's goes yesterday to order her dress at Davids. She gets there and they aren't sure which dress it is (even though its in the computer). So I tell her to just tell them to give you the one that everyone else has ordered.  That should be easy.. they tell her its online order only (its not) that is has a sweetheart neckline ( it doesn't)  and no one else has ordered (they have .. she is last cause she just had a baby).

So now I am concerned and hoping they gave every girl the right dress. Most knew which one already. So I am sending her the link to the page on DB website so she can tell them the right one..

Sometimes they do really great at davids.. other times I just dont know.
Photobucket We're Married!!!!

Re: DB.. really?

• Maybe there's another bride with similar information to yours?  I think they usually just ask for the wedding date and the bride's name.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • I called the local one and got the correct style #. She looked and said that all the girls have ordered the correct dress. She also said its not online only that they were probably looking at the wrong information.

I emailed my BM and told her.
  • NOLA - I guess it depends on which DB you go to. Some people have amazing experiences and some people don't.
  • Well I have had good experiences and bad with our local DB.  I think their alteration prices are WAY too high. 

I will say when they have a sale they have a good sale. I got my Dress very cheap considering its original price.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_db-really?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:7a6603a4-34f5-4493-8780-82f9928f7f10Post:571dc63d-8f71-4311-9f64-26acca2f7da9">Re: DB.. really?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well I have had good experiences and bad with our local DB.  I think their alteration prices are WAY too high.  I will say when they have a sale they have a good sale. I got my Dress very cheap considering its original price.
    Posted by jessienjeremy[/QUOTE]

I am the same as you.  I had a fine experience at one DB ordering a BM dress.  Then I had a terrible experience shopping for a wedding gown at a different DB.  The customer service was horrendous.  The first time I went there, the consultant was helping me and another bride at the same time.  The second time I went there, the consultant was helping three of us at the same time.  The girl told me she was giving me preferential treatment because I made an appointment and the other two were walk ins.  I asked her if it was a busy time of the year since she was helping 3 people at once, and she said "no, they expect us to help 6 people at once in January when it gets really busy."  Holy crap is all I have to say.  Needless to say, I got my wedding gown elsewhere.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Puppy Love
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards