Missouri-Kansas City

Cardstock!

Hi Ladies! 

I am making my own invites and all but can't find the cardstock I am picturing. I want a white cardstock that has a litttttle bit of a shimmer to it. Any thoughts or ideas on where to get cardstock?

Re: Cardstock!

• nikkifeenikkifee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    check paper-source. They have some neat shimmery paper. Just remember you have to use a laser printer to print on that type of paper (which I didn't know when I started on my invitations). Because the of the shimmer on the paper, the ink (like from an inkjet printer) won't sink into the paper. Good luck on your invitations! 
  • edited December 2011
    Archivers in Overland Park on 119th Street probably has what you are looking for.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_cardstock?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:82Discussion:294089ae-1ef3-49bb-8526-e0c64e2e24f6Post:68c501f0-01fe-4792-a361-6349c7c2a793">Re: Cardstock!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Archivers in Overland Park on 119th Street probably has what you are looking for.
    Posted by rknox88[/QUOTE]

I used metallic paper from there when making my cousins invites a couple years ago.  They sell it in packs of 10 I beleive.  I took the invites to FedExKinkos to be printed.
  • fireytigerfireytiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_cardstock?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:82Discussion:294089ae-1ef3-49bb-8526-e0c64e2e24f6Post:68c501f0-01fe-4792-a361-6349c7c2a793">Re: Cardstock!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Archivers in Overland Park on 119th Street probably has what you are looking for.
    Posted by rknox88[/QUOTE]

There's also an Archiver's off of Barry Road and Ambassador Drive in Kansas City, if that's any closer for you.
  • edited December 2011
    try paper-papers.com -- we got our envelopes from there and i think they have the paper you are talking about -- fast delivery
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • KatejMillerKatejMiller member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great Thanks! barry and Ambassador is right down the road so I will definitely  check them out this weekend! 

I am going the Kinkos route and having them print what I created..(my printer is archaic!) 

Thanks for the suggestions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards