Louisiana-New Orleans

Just engaged and starting to plan: The Chickory

Hey everybody. I just got engaged a few days ago and am starting the overwhelming process of planning the big day. I noticed an ad for a place called The Chickory and wondered if anybody had used the venue before? How big is it? What is the capacity? (How many people did you have there?) Indoor and Outdoor space? was it reasonably priced? Do they have their own catering or can you bring in someone from the outside? Tell me what you thought!

Michelle H.
12/23/10 engaged:)

Re: Just engaged and starting to plan: The Chickory

• edited December 2011
    Hey Michelle,

I just got married on November 20, 2010 at The Chicory and it was awesome!  I used Studio Tran for my photography and they have some great photos on their blog.  We are "Sean + Alexis."

Their website has info with regards to pricing and capacity.  They can accommodate a large group.  We had about 175 people and there was more than enough room.  They do not allow outside catering - you have to use theirs but their food is really great.  There is no outdoor space but they do have a balcony which is nice.  The manager of the place is named Cindy and she's really easy and nice to work with.  My fiance and I particularly enjoyed the fact that we both had our own attendant who followed us around all nice long and made sure we had whatever we needed/wanted.  I never had to ask for a drink.

As for pricing - I think they run about the same as every other place that we looked.  It was a $4000 rental fee and then I believe it was $65/person.  Then you could upgrade the bar and stuff like that.  Plus, there's always the tax and service (gratuity) on top.  I wouldn't say The Chicory was inexpensive, but it was exactly what I wanted.  Let me know if you need any more info!
  • edited December 2011
    I emailed them an information request yesterday and received a very prompt response.  I was told there is a minimum spend of $20,000 for a Saturday reception.  Unfortunately, that is more than my entire budget, so I had to continue my search.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards