March 2011 Weddings

Wedding Album?

Just curious as to who ordered albums through your photorgapher. We have a $500 credit for an album with our package, but they are so freakin expensive! Our photorgapher did a rough layout with 17 pages, its $675. I know its archival quality, but I just can't justify spending $200 on a photo album. Casey said to just do it because you can't put a price on our precious memories (his words verbatim).

What is everyone else doing?

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
Pregnancy Ticker
Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) ?????? image

Re: Wedding Album?

• We just got our pics back a couple weeks ago and I'm not sure what we are going to do. There are 800 pictures and I'm overwhelmed! We don't get an album with our photography package, so I'm thinking of ordering some prints for the house (we have full copyright on all the pictures) and then maybe doing a Shutterfly photobook since they still look pretty good and aren't outrageously expensive.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I went the cheap route...I just got the CD of pics and ordered my own prints through snapfish and put together an album (Or Im in the process of doing so)....
    image pregnancy
  • Our photographer wants $150 for a book, with 40 to 50 pictures in it. Well I have 1267 to choose from. So I dunno what to do. It seems like a lot of money. I made a book on snap fish that turned out amazing and it was free.  But I want something else too.
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • edited June 2011
    Well, we have full copyrights to our pictures too, but we won't get our disc until we decide whether or not to order the book. Our parents really want prints and we'd like to have an album, but that's a lot of money. I also got some groupons awhile back for Picaboo and they have really nice albums, so I was going to order albums through them, but then we forfeit our credit. Ugh! I just can't make up my mind.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) ?????? image

• I also won mini albums from our photographer through a fb contest she had, so I would feel bad just ordering those and not a full album. I know that sounds dumb.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

• How funny because I just got back from my venue to pick out pictures for our album! lol We bought the CDs of our pictures but we also wanted a really nice album, so we ordered one. Our package already came with a mini one but we wanted a bigger one so we had to add $300 to it. The albums are very nice though. I got done picking out the pictures today and they'll call me again once the layout is done, then after that they'll ship it to Italy because that's where the album actually gets made. It will be months before I'll get it back, but I am so excited about it!

We have 1237 pictures to choose from, and I had to narrow it down to just 80 for the album. I was in there a while. Lol We're planning on making albums on Shutterfly too for our parents. 
  • We get an album with our package...  if we bought it outside of the package, it would be $1075.   It'll be about 120 pics, 13 x 9.5 size, and then we have $300 credit to use for prints... or a canvas.  We're thinking maybe a canvas and mini albums for the parents. We can get a set of 4 companion albums with ours for $125, so it's not bad at all. 

Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• So I was looking at some of my friends' wedding albums that they had done themselves and they were alright, but some of my girls had said people had rolled their eyes at their albums! It seems a lot of the do-it yourself ones don't print as well as professional ones at all. I've been talking to my guy about going to a professional, even found one who does AMAZING work, I think he's with me on this! Did anyone consider using a profesional? I'm worried if I do my own album it won't look good in 20 or 30 years. i'm a very creative person, but I feel there is a limit to what someone who isn't a professional can really do, especially about print quality. I feel like our album is so important because it is the only way to allow friends and family who couldn't come to experience our special day and I want it to sstill look amazing in a few decades.
    posted the link incase anyone else is interested.
    www.ArtisticAlbums.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards