Not Engaged Yet

Visit with Grandma. Heavy PIP

So if some you were wondering my visit to my grandma went pretty well.  I, for the most part, didn't snap at BF which was good. We had the most beautiful weather driving up there (It is an 8 hour drive).  The first day was hard.  She didn't really remember much about me.  She knew I was a granddaughter but that was it.  She didn't remember that I had ever been to her house, even though I have been visiting her every summer since I was 5.  We had a nice time but it was difficult when she made comments like "You sure know your way around town."  Yes grandma, I do.  I had sort of 5 min cry before we went to see her the next day.  But I pulled myself together and the rest of the trip was really good.  The more time we spent with her the more she remembered, which was good.  We had 4 days of sun (unheard of in Oregon by the coast ;) It was nice because we stayed with my aunt and uncle so we got a break during the evening.  We did a lot of fun stuff with her so that was good.  We went hiking, beach combing, redwood viewing, and dancing.  She really likes BF and says he is a good man. :)  I agree.  Anyways here are some pictures.  I just want to thank you all for all the support and advice I got from you guys.  It made the trip so much easier.  It also helped me keep my perspective that BF was there to help me.  So thank you all so much.  You guys were great.  You deserve an award for being so awesome!

Anyways on to the pictures!

Sunset from my Uncle's house.

Us on the deck being silly.  I love this one because we look like we are on a roller coasters. :)

My grandma freezing on the beach

The Arch Rock beach

Pretty waves

Artys
"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

Re: Visit with Grandma. Heavy PIP

• lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so glad to hear that the visit went well! It sounded like you had a really nice time. I love the pictures! The Artsy one is my favorite! :)
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • polkadot111polkadot111 member
    edited December 2011
    Looks like a good time! I'm glad it went (overall) well!
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls.  I have more pictures but I ran out of time to post.  If anyone else is interested I will put them up. :)
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

edited December 2011
    I'd like to see more pictures!
    edited December 2011
    Aw thanks Hope.  :)  Here they are:

Me, BF, and Grandma.

Me and my aunt and uncle's dog, Bo.  He is so cute!

The sea was so awesome that day.  We were out at low tide collecting sand dollars :)

Some nice lady stopped and took a picture for us after we spent 5 mins trying to have me take one from atop his shoulders. lol

Arch Rock.  Does this remind anyone of the rock used in Pirates of the Car number 1?  You know when Jack sails by and there are skeletons hanging there?  Maybe I am crazy.

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good to hear that things went well!
    edited December 2011
    Cute! Your grandma is such a cute lady. And you and your BF are a beautiful couple! :)
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys!  We did have a great time. :)  A very nice getaway before we started work. 

Married! May 27th, 2012

• PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Awww, what lovely photos.  I'm glad it went well, hun. 

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I love your photos! The scenery is beautiful and your grandma looks like she's genuinely enjoying herself. So, you did good, Ray! I'm glad we were able to help you through. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• edited December 2011
    The photos are beautiful.  Glad you had a good time and that it went well.  

Anniversary

edited December 2011
    Thanks guys!  It is really lovely up there. :)  Yep you guys were awesome!  I am so thankful to have you guys. :)

Married! May 27th, 2012

• lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    edited December 2011
    Oh my goodness....I LOVE LOOOoovveeEE the picture with you, SO, and your grandmother. It's BEAUTIFUL!
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards