Pre-wedding Parties

Basket shower -help

i am throwing a basket shower for my niece.  I have found lots of ideas and its going to be a great theme to do but I am trying to come up with good wording for the invites.
Thank you

Re: Basket shower -help

• trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is a basket shower?
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • edited December 2011
    a basket shower is where the guests fix baskets or boxes with a theme like a waste basket with things for the powder room, or a basket filled with kitchen items or a picnic basket fill with bbq items, laundry basket with linens etc.  We have little filled baskets for favors and baskets filled with things for the bride for centerpieces and the food is served from baskets.  We also will have a basket to where each guest will bring a food item or spice to put in the basket to stock the kitchen.
  • edited December 2011
    so far I have
    A Tisket, A Tasket
    Make MIchelle a Basket
    For the Bath, Kitchen, Bedroom
    or Any Other Room
    She will Love It, Love It, Love It
  • edited December 2011

I think I got it

A Tisket, A Tasket

Make Michelle a Basket

For the Kitchen, Bath or any other room

Filled with items for the bride and groom

What fun it will be

For Michelle to see

The wonderful gifts the new wife will need

As she begins her new life

As Mrs Adam McCoy

With Love  With Joy  Love and Joy

You are Invited to a Basket Shower for Michelle Lister

Sunday, Aug. 15 2010

2:00 PM

etc

• trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does she have a registry?  So that people know what she really wants?
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards