African American Weddings

E-pic help: MAC? Sephora? Ulta?

GM Ladies!

I have my e-session coming up next week and I thought about doing a mini makeup trial for the pictures but I don't wear makeup.  I just want a light and natural look, so which one is best?  I think I just want the flawless skin and light color to lips and eyes. Also, we are doing the session outdoors primarily at 6pm in a park.  It is very muggy here but 6pm isn't so bad.  

Help is greatly appreciated!!  TIA
80 said yes image

Re: E-pic help: MAC? Sephora? Ulta?

• desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love MAC, but it isnt meant to be worn "natural".  since you dont wear makeup, you may not be able to tell, so it might work. Sephora, according to my cousin, doesn't offer shades that match our skin tone as well as MAC. HTH
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • chescamchescam member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I started wearing makeup about 2 years ago. I admired this one lady's skin at my church and she told me she wears MAC. I went to the store, had them apply it and have never looked back. I love the natural look, nothing too dramatic. The girls at the counters I've went to were really nice too. They gave me tips about applying the makeup and about products. I don't have the best skin but after applying MAC my skin looks flawless. I haven't tried sephora or ulta.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • TNMurrayTNMurray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In my e-pics on my bio i am wear sephora. I will be wearing MAC on the day of the wedding for better coverage. If you want more natural then go sephora. 
  • edited December 2011
    I also VOTE for MAC it makes my skin look naturally flawless!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I would do the "trial" maybe the day before the photos.  That way if you don't like it you can always try something else and you won't be rushed for time.  I would also start at Mac.  I am sure if you tell the ladies at the counter what you want they will be able to give you that look. Good luck! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Sophia1913Sophia1913 member
    edited December 2011
    I don't wear tons of makeup either but for my sister's wedding I went to the MAC counter the morning of, and they did an amazing job.  I'm not sure if I just lucked up on someone who was good or what, but I really liked the way it turned out.  My sister also hired a MAC consultant to come to the hotel who did all the other BMs makeup and everyone looked great.  I plan to use MAC again for our E-pics.  Who knows what I'll use for the actual wedding.  We are planning a wedding in St. Thomas so I guess i"ll have to find a makeup artist there.

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• FabbiegirlFabbiegirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am doing MAC for my e-pics and wedding.  I feel they do a good job.  Makes my skin look flawless.  I am glad you asked this.  I was going to ask this very soon.
  • edited December 2011

I would do MAC becaure you are taking pictures and want as flawless as a finish as possible. I wear MAC to church, for my e-pics or date nights etc and Revlon Colorstay during the work week because it's lighter and I'm not getting all gussied up for work. For your pics, I would suggest hitting a MAC counter and telling them what you are going for. Good luck!

• edited December 2011
    MAC! :) I don't wear make-up much either. Only to church and events. I love that it looks natural on my skin. My FI is still trying to figure out when I actually have it on. lol  My mom and aunt wear it daily and their skin always looks great and naturally beautiful. HTH! :) 
  • happe2getherhappe2gether member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All this info was great!! I didn't even think to do it ahead of time.  I was just going to go that morning.  Thanks for the heads up.  Hopefully it won't cost me an arm and a leg to do the trial and get a few things.
    80 said yes image
  • Sophia1913Sophia1913 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if its different now, but when I went to the counter, I think they did your make up for free as long as you bought $50 worth of MAC products, which isn't hard to do with MAC makeup.  I actually thought that was pretty reasonable because at least you have the makeup to last you after the wedding day to wear when you feel like it.  I actually bought completely different make up then I had her do for my sister's wedding and I called ahead and made an appointment but I don't know if thats necessary.

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• edited December 2011
    MAC! I love their line...you can get anything from light coverage to heavy coverage. For a nice natural coverage, I say try their Studio Fix Powder. My co-workers didn't realize I wore makeup everyday until I told them. Go to a MAC counter, tell them exactly what you are looking for and they will match you up nicely. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards