Wedding Party

brother-in-law or firend

the best man in my wedding is my brother-in-law who is also my fiances best friend. in the program do I list him as brother-in-law of bride or friend of groom????

Re: brother-in-law or firend

• edited August 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_brother-law-firend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:cf10b458-a5ec-41e1-b450-d34a670cb616Post:79cd8732-fa7a-410f-9244-d55e6a301286">brother-in-law or firend</a>:
    [QUOTE]the best man in my wedding is my brother-in-law who is also my fiances best friend. in the program do I list him as brother-in-law of bride or friend of groom????
    Posted by tander1[/QUOTE]

This one's confusing me.  Do you mean your fiance is best friends with the husband of one of your siblings?  I think tha'ts what it meant but am not sure.  In either case, familial relationships of groomsmen to others in the wedding party don't necessarily need to be specified.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Why not both?

Best Man - Jacob Smith, brother in-law and best friend of the groom

• Since it's not his own BIL and "FI's wife's sister's husband" is getting into "mother's uncle's cousin's half-sister's niece" territory, I'd just say friend of the groom.
  • Ask him how he would like to be listed.

Planning Bio
    Married 9/15/11

*This is Not Legal Advice*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards