North Carolina-Raleigh-Durham

Hair and Makeup Artist Dilemma

Help! My wedding is this May in Cary, NC and I live in San Diego. I made a trip there last month to do a few hair and makeup trials. Unfortunately I was unable to find somene I liked :( The one lady I tried was very rude and rushed me through. So now I have a wedding coming up Friday May 21st and no one to do my hair and makeup. Should I wait it out and hope to book someone when I get to Cary a couple days before the wedding? Or should I just fly out to NC and try some more hair and makeup artist? Please help, any recommendations?

Re: Hair and Makeup Artist Dilemma

• dancr214dancr214 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Leah at Von Kekel salon in Cary. I have been going to her for over a year.  She did an amazing job and did my hair and make up.  I can send you pictures if you want to see my hair.  She has also done a couple of the other hair stylists hair for their wedding.    
  • edited December 2011
    Yes please send me pics!!! Does she do makeup also?
  • dancr214dancr214 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes she does both.  I can send you pics once I get home!
  • rgeddyrgeddy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm looking for hair/make up combo as well.  What were her price ranges?

I'm probably just looking for myself - no bridesmaids/mothers etc. 
  • edited December 2011
    dncr214-
    I think i just sent u a message but in case i did it wrong, would u mind sending me pictures and her contact info?  thank you so much!

amanda 
    abjenkins@yahoo.com
  • el_sundropel_sundrop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Who did you try that was rude?  I'm getting married in Cary and planning from NY.  I have to make a trip soon as well to meet with vendors (I'm so behind!).  I want to make sure I DON'T do a hair/make-up trial with the rude lady you mention!  TIA!
  • NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I got my hair and makeup done at a local Salon in Fuquay (15 or less mins from Cary) that just recently started a bridal package. They ladies there were AMAZING and I couldn't find a better price range.

Cost was 90 for Hair (updo) and makeup (plus complimentary trials for both hair and makeup).

Shoot me an email at ncsupsych at gmail dot com and I can send you pictures.

The salon is called Salon Bliss and its website is salonblissnc.com

I'm in the process of writing vendor reviews, so that'll be posted soon too :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards