South Carolina-Charleston

Caterer Suggestion

We need help on a caterer! There are so many in Charleston due to all the wonderful food, but we need to find an easy on the budget caterer for our wedding in April 2013. Do you have any suggestions? We're budgeting for 100 people for $5K for everything (food and bar) and would like to have chicken fingers, bbq and shrimp and grits. Thanks for you help!

Re: Caterer Suggestion

• We are going with Jim n Nicks.  Its a BBQ restuarant that we love to go too when in town.  Very good price under 2k for pulled pork (including renting the rig where cooks will hand pull the pork!), roasted chicken, 4 side items, salad, bread and sweet tea.  But they only provide paper dinnerware.  Either have to rent or hope venue supplies.  Because we are having our wedding at a park, we went with earthen palm leaf dinnerware and eco-friendly products. Good Luck! 
  • Royal Grand Catering is the absolute BEST!   Curtis the chef is amazing!  Great to work with, emails you back instantly.  Food and presentation is outstanding!  Prices reasonable.  You will not be disappointed!!

http://www.royalgrandcharleston.com/
  • I'd go with Royal Grand Catering they are great and i'm using them as well as have been to 2 weddings were they catered and they were great.

http://www.royalgrandcharleston.com/
  • edited August 2012
    I am a big fan of Royal Grand Catering as well! Curtis is so helpful, is always there when you need, and the food is amazing! They are catering my wedding in March.
  • try good food catering! I'm using them and their food is reasonable and sooo good! They had the best shrimp and grits I have ever had- my brother loved it and he hates shrimp lol
  • You may also want to check a few posts down, there are some different vendor reviews and you can get advice there as well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We used Music Man's BBQ. They were great to work with, and left us with all of the left over food at the end of the night. They had great food, great service, and were well with in our budget!
  • ktc4uncktc4unc member
    First Comment
    edited September 2012
    I met with the Crazy Dutchman today for a tasting, and it was awesome!  They were really great and down to earth, too.  They are more affordable than most of the others ones out there. Check them out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards