Ohio-Cincinnati

Suggestions for a fun, untraditional wedding photographer

A lot of the wedding photography that we've seen seems very traditional.  We would like to find someone with a style that's a little more fun.  A live photo booth at the reception was one hope. Our number one picks so far have been Innovatory Photography and Ely Brothers Photography (they're from Columbus), but Innovatory is booked for our date and I'm not sure that we can afford Ely Bros.  Any suggestions around a $2000 or less mark in the Cincinnati area?

Re: Suggestions for a fun, untraditional wedding photographer

• edited December 2011
    We're booked with Stacey Downey, who takes really artistic shots.  We didn't want someone who focused on posed pics, rather we wanted someone with strong composition skills who could capture candid moments and make it look really cool. 

She does have a package that's in your price range (the one with the photobooth is higher).  We just got our e-pics done and the ones she's posted on the blog are awesome.  Her website is www.sadowney.com.

Good luck!
  • bfinksbfinks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was going to suggest Innovatory, they are doing our wedding.  Bummer you can't get them!!
  • cincy32011cincy32011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Stacey Downey too!  I think she's fantastic, and jollygreen is the first other person I've that's using her.  She has a very artistic eye, but is much cheaper than some of the others with a similar style.  If you like a more candid style, I highly recommend her!
    image 286 Invited
    image 243 Attending
    image 42 Declined
    image 1 Unknown
    RSVP Date: February 12
  • ddundonddundon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Nick from 808 Studios!  He and all of his staff are amazing!  They are located up in Mason but will go to Cincy!   You can't beat him.  He puts us to ease and we had such a great time with him for our engagement session.  You can't do better!
  • edited December 2011
    Nick from 808 is great but may be out of your price range...

Look at Michelle Jackson from Nixon Photography! They are great there. Our engagement pictures were wonderful and weren't super posey. Let me know if you want their info.
    Anniversary
  • kelklumpkelklump member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was going to suggest mine, but I am sure they are higher - Studio3z.
  • clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I recommend Lisa Rice at htttp://lisaricephotography.com/blog.  She is based in Columbus and is well within your price range.  She can do a live photo booth, too.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Vendygirl921Vendygirl921 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nick Viltrakis is mine and we just had our Engament photos done and they are AMAZING. he is well priced and he is not your typically photographer. You must give him a call. He can do all kinds of wonderful things and he knows how to respect your perfect day!
     P: 513.227.3819
    www.nicholasviltrakis.blogspot.com
    www.NicholasViltrakis.com

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Maxim Photography in Springboro. He has a live photobooth included.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards