Nevada-Las Vegas

Cake Inspiration

Hi All.
I have seen lots of posts of cake flavors, but not many on design.  We are thinking about going with LV cake but did most of you pick one similar to their website or did you send in your own pics.

I would love to see the inspiration photos vs the actual cake.

I have been reading cake wrecks to much and getting nervous.

Thanks

Re: Cake Inspiration

• Savannah6783Savannah6783 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have any photos to share, but a lot of cake wrecks you see are most likely family and friends trying to recreate the cakes for the bride & groom. If you really want a pretty LV cake, then ask your bakery for examples of cakes they have done. If they have LV cakes to show, you are not going to have a problem. Its a talent, some people have it... others don't. If all they can show you is basic cakes, I would move on to the nexy bakery.
  • edited December 2011
    This is the inspiration for my cake the butterflies will be blue and the cake topper is actually a fondant bow 
    with a couple of butterflies looking like they are flying The cake will be 3 layers instead of 4 and the butterflies look like:

We are using little pastry chefs.
  • edited December 2011
    thought you were using lv cake designs not wanting lv cake looks sorry but here there it is anyway!
  • edited December 2011
    I am using LV cake designs. I do not want a vegas themed cake. 
    I just wanted to see some of there work.

That cake with the butterflies is really cute.
  • edited December 2011
    I can e-mail you pics of mine. Cake Designs did it. It was 3 tier with a black ribbon at the base of each tier and real flowers cascading down. It was beautiful
  • mloeksmloeks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    E-mail me at mloeks76@embarqmail.com and I'll gladly share with you my inspiration and actual cake photos. Hopefully I still have the inpsiration photo, I am sure I do.) I don't have them posted on a photo sharing site.
    But don't worry...LV Cake Designs is nothing like Cake Wrecks...I was very happy!
  • achang2001achang2001 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LV cake designs did my cake this past weekend. I thought it was really pretty. If you go to www.ronmphoto.com/blog there is a picture of it posted. Hope that helps...
  • edited December 2011
    That would be great if you could email me the photos.

horceez@hotmail  .   com

Thaks
  • edited December 2011
    My inspiration cake picture is in my bio. I sent it over to Dawn at Cake Designs LV and she said she could do it for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards