Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Vendor Reviews Lancaster!

I'm thrilled to be writing this as I've finally gotten to the other side of the "big day"! I checked this board religiously as I was planning for vendor reviews so I hope that mine can help someone else. 

Eden Resort: A

We had both our ceremony and reception in the courtyard. It was breathtakingly beautiful. The food was AMAZING and my guests are still raving about it. Tina and Deb were always easy to get ahold of and our captain Tammy was a huge help on our wedding day. Our guests loved using the pools and spending all weekend there as a mini vacation. The hotel is truly spectacular. Why not an A+? The front desk is disorganized. They made me "check out" and re check-in after one night and kept requesting more credit cards to hold our room. Some of our guests also complained about the front desk. Despite that, the hotel was great. They even had free cookies and ice cream as guests checked in! We also had our rehearsal dinner here and they gave us a 10% discount. We got the italian buffet and it was delicious. P.S. The mashed potatoes here rock!

Frank King Photography: A+
I had read very few reviews on Frank King and I want everyone to know that they are great!! We booked them at a bridal show so we got a significant discount. Our photographers name was Sean Shannon and our photos are perfect. People keep saying that they look like they are from a magazine. He was friendly, helpful and very professional. I highly recommend him if you want modern and artistic photos!!

Occasions DJs: A+
We had Steve and he kept things rolling entire night, even when the ceremony ran long and we got behind schedule. Occasions has a fantastic website where you can select the songs you want played and where you can outline your entire evening. He was our "behind the scenes" magic. My husband was nervous about picking a DJ because he had specific requests but Steve was chill and accommodated our every need!

Petals and Beans: A++
Stacia is AMAZING and will make your wedding gorgeous! Everyone kept talking about how beautiful our flowers were. She's fun and friendly and is easy to get ahold of. Her prices are also great. We live in Philly and were shocked at the amount or flowers that we could get for a low price. She was also very patient when our credit card kept denying her payment. Luckily she's all paid now! We couldn't have been happier. 

Bella Manse A+:
Renee was fun to work with and our cake was DELICIOUS! She didn't charge more for more flavors and so we were able to get lots of flavor choices for our guests. Everyone said that it was the best wedding cake they had ever had. I don't disagree! She also gave us a free anniversary cake so we didn't have to save the top tier. Her designs are fun, the cake is tasty, and she is affordable. 

Headrush Hair Designs: A+
All of the girls were friendly and they opened their salon on a sunday morning of a holiday to accommodate us. They also had breakfast! I was happy with our services and the prices are reasonable. 

David's Bridal, Plymouth Meeting: B
I live in Philly and did all of my dress stuff through DB in Plymouth Meeting. I don't know how much this review will help those in Central PA but I figure David's can't vary too much. First note: AVOID ON A WEEKEND! It's horribly crowded and service is lacking. Every time I went on a weeknight though the service was great. I was happy with my dress even though it did rip during the after party. My MOH's dress ripped down the back before the ceremony and she had to be sewn in to it. You get what you pay for though. Our dresses are cheap and while they looked fantastic, were  not made to last. Overall I gave it a B because I love the fact that there is a place where you can affordably buy wedding dresses. They were usually helpful and offer a large variety of bridesmaid options. The girls look fabulous but the dresses are poor quality. 

Re: Vendor Reviews Lancaster!

• Options
    awit77awit77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks! FI and I just looked at the eden and we loved it but we think it might be out of out budget :(
    revised
    bio! (updated 08.18.10)
  • Options
    MeganBMMeganBM member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with awit I looked at the Eden too, way too expensive! But the other reviews were ALOT of help.  :)
  • Options
    aras8609aras8609 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love these reviews!! Thanks so much! and Congratulations!!
  • Options
    arichards34arichards34 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    fabulous!
    sunny days, sweeping the clouds away..
  • Options
    caracbearacaracbeara member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We booked the Eden for a Sunday so it was MUCH cheaper. We couldn't have afforded it on a Saturday.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards