New Jersey

Hello - new to the knot

Hi everyone....We recently got engaged 10/30/10 and booked our wedding at The Grove in November of 2011. I'm finding all the posts very helpful with planning.

Re: Hello - new to the knot

• edited December 2011
    welcome and congratulations!
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • viviannacviviannac member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and happy planning!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Hello and congratulations! I saw this place a couple days ago and you can see this place is going to be very pretty through the construction. How much per person did you end up getting the place for? I didn't stop by because my wedding is on the smaller size (around 130) and it looks like their place caters to a larger wedding.
  • goaliegirlgoaliegirl member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the boards!!
  • edited December 2011
    the grove caters to any size wedding. they are trying to spread the word and willing to negotiate big time on prices!

BTW welcome and congrats!
  • edited December 2011
    welcome and congrats!
  • kristen8040kristen8040 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats!
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • hcer0708hcer0708 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and Congrats!!
  • smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats! I got married the day you got engaged!!! A great day :)
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I originally saw them on the list of vendors here on TK and it gave them a $$$$. Right now my max price is $125/pp after tip and tax. I have a feeling that they are way above that and I do have some concerns with a brand new place. Have the owners of The Grove owned other places?
  • edited December 2011
    not sure Pharo.....

you should try The TIdes Estate
  • edited December 2011
    I looked into the Tides and on the website it looks very beautiful. However, I heard that their larger room requires a pretty decent guaranteed head count (175 I believe). Unfortunately, I cannot afford that many people so I would probably be referred to their smaller downstairs room. I really wanted a high ceiling main ballroom and people on this site have said that the ceilings are on the lower side. Despite that, I've heard nothing but positive things about the Tides and the grounds look absolutely stunning!
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome! Good luck with planning! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

To answer some questions...our price per person IS above $125 with tax and tip and we had to guarantee 175 on a Friday night. I'm not concerned with the venue being new - because it's opening in Jan/Feb and our wedding isn't until November - so I feel like they have enough time to work out the kinks!

I've attended a few weddings at the Tides and it is a really nice place! I have found it helpful to actually meet with people when negotiating minimums or pricing because a website might say one thing, but overall vendors and venues have been pretty accommodating to our requests.

Looking forward to chatting with everyone over the next few months!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards