Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Market Street Floral Brides!

OK - so I am down to the final two big checks before the wedding... officiant and florist.

I've spoken with a few florists in the area and the prices are all pretty much ridiculous.  You all may roll your eyes at me, but I want carnations for my bridesmaids bouquets... I think that they have the same look at peonies (which is what my bridal bouquet will be) and they were my mom's favorite flower.. so you can't beat that.  I know that they're considered the "cheap" flower... but I don't care.  *hmph*

I actually had a florist quote me $75 per bouquet of carnations!! ARE YOU KIDDING?? Those better be gold plated carnations or ones that sing.. or something amazing for that price.

Anywho - my questions are...

What did you get at Market Street?
How much did you pay?
Which location/who did you speak to?
Any other words of wisdom?

Thanks ladies!

Re: Market Street Floral Brides!

• juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Mine were mostly roses and I was on Mother's Day weekend so I paid a little more but I paid about $1200 (flowers were very important to me and expensive that weekend).

That included my bouquet (I think I have a picture of it on my bio), my MOH's bouquet (with flowers that wouldn't make her sneeze), 8 bouts, 6 corsages, two arrangements for the altar, and 14 centerpieces.  I got a free toss bouquet and it included the $100 delivery fee. 

I worked with Deanna at the Market Street in Colleyville.  I'm sure that if I hadn't been Mother's Day weekend and mostly roses that my quote would have been a lot cheaper.  I used red calla lilies for the bouts.  My centerpieces were only $22 each and they had some smaller roses, tulips, and gerbera daisies. 

I've also worked with her when making prom arrangements and she's always been honest about the cost of specific flowers and given me cheaper alternatives that will give almost the same look.  She was perfectly happy to make several mock arrangements for me and, when they didn't like them this past year, she came up with a second set. 

Honestly, I'm sure there are some who are cheaper but I knew her and she made it easy for me. 

• lesalyriclesalyric member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I liked carnations too and ended up going with them after finding a picture I absolutely loved on the LJ weddingplans community.

Re: Market Street specifics --

What did you get at Market Street? Bridal bouquet, 3 bridesmaids bouquets, 8 boutonnieres, 10 centerpieces with me providing the vases. All flowers are a mix of hydrangea, eggplant carnations and lighter purple carnations. Bouquets are caged in lily grass and the centerpieces have lily grass accents.

How much did you pay? A little less than $475, I don't have the paperwork here at work for the exact number.

Which location/who did you speak to? Colleyville / Deanna

Any other words of wisdom? Run away from whoever is trying to charge you $75 for a carnation bouquet!!  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_market-street-floral-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:a9eb784a-fc66-4576-8a06-9a93c4bc9b5fPost:5d0dfca4-ad8d-4a37-8f61-53cf6635f268">Re: Market Street Floral Brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE] Run away from whoever is trying to charge you $75 for a carnation bouquet!!  :)
    Posted by lesalyric[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAH!! I know!!! I literally bursted out laughing when I got the email letting me know the price.  Do they know that carnation are like 50 cents?  I am willing to pay a little bit for the piece of mind and not having to do it myself... but talk about a markup!
  • edited December 2011

Market Street in Allen did half of my centerpieces, and I did non-floral centerpieces for the rest.

I had my bridal boquet, toss boquet, 20 center pieces, 2 arrangments for the sign in table, 2 bouts, 1 corsage for about $475.

My boquet was 2 dozen premium roses as seen in my siggy.
    The toss boquet was 2 dozen spray roses which was also very nice.

The centerpieces where two $4 packs of daisies and spider mums with some grass in the bottom of the vase.

The sign in table arrangements were 2 dozen roses.

Bouts and corsages were roses.

I provided her my vases that I bought for very cheap.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
    edited December 2011

That's the great thing about the Market Street floral people:  they always tell you to find your own vases to save you money.

• edited December 2011
    So you literally bring in your vases, choose your flowers, and they do it for you? Or do you do it with them?
    Disclaimer: Please excuse the above comment. I'm probably freaking out because there is less than one month to go. Thank you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Our Huge Planning Blog :) * Updated 06/11

July 2011 Bride
    edited December 2011
    They do it for you.  The mark up on their vases is pretty high and they know it.  They probably won't take your vases until it gets closer to time because they don't have much storage.
  • edited December 2011
    They requested my vases 2 weeks out from my date with my final payment.

I bought some of my vases from Hobby Lobby at 50% off and the rest from Walmart. They have a large selection of vases between $2 to $3.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • cfibelkorncfibelkorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What did you get at Market Street? 1 bridal bouquet with white roses and white hydrangea, 3 bridesmaid bouquets with green hydrangea and 7 white rose and green hydrangea centerpieces

How much did you pay? $120

Which location/who did you speak to? Allen / Pam or Pat (something like that)

Any other words of wisdom? I bought my own vases of saveoncrafts.com (7 for like $50) and I am providing those to Market Street to use for my centerpieces and Im sure that is saving me money :)
  • cfibelkorncfibelkorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_market-street-floral-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:a9eb784a-fc66-4576-8a06-9a93c4bc9b5fPost:0c51963d-3105-49a3-a1b7-f937df536dd0">Re: Market Street Floral Brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE]They requested my vases 2 weeks out from my date with my final payment.
    Posted by SoonToBeMrsHoz[/QUOTE]

Same here!
  • lesalyriclesalyric member
    edited December 2011
    I got 4 inch glass cube vases at Sam's in Fort Worth for $3 each. It was some random floral clearance thing they had going on. Mine are requested with my final payment as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • angieandjamesangieandjames member
    edited December 2011
    Brianna, if you find flowers that sing, please let us know.  That made me LOL.
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_market-street-floral-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:a9eb784a-fc66-4576-8a06-9a93c4bc9b5fPost:82042de9-e582-4974-b781-e6146ef7f9fc">Re: Market Street Floral Brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Brianna, if you find flowers that sing, please let us know.  That made me LOL.
    Posted by angieandjames[/QUOTE]

Haha, I'm glad. But seriously... $75 for a carnation bouquet??
  • dannag75dannag75 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    for vases: try dfwvases.com -- they have awesome prices on all shapes and sizes of vases.

I also found some at Garden ridge.

Here's my exact quote from Market Street in Coppell. I worked with Heidi and she was awesome to work with!! Just tell her exactly what you want and your budget is and she will make it work.

@font-face { font-family: "Bradley Hand ITC"; }@font-face { font-family: "Century Gothic"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 8pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }a:link, span.MsoHyperlink { color: blue; text-decoration: underline; }a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed { color: purple; text-decoration: underline; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; }

Brides Bouquet will be a loose hand tied of white roses, champagne roses white lilies, white tulips, egg plant colored mini callas and white dendrobium orchids. This bouquet will be about 7 inches across the top.

$139.99

The toss away bouquet will be made with white roses, white lilies greenery and ribbon. This bouquet will be in your vase so it may be used at the sign in table.

$34.99

Brides Maids will carry a small hand tied bouquet of green hydrangea,

Ivory Roses and fuchsia colored stock. These bouquets will be about 5-6 inches across the top.

5@$34.99=$174.95

Groom will wear a white rose with a white dendrobium orchid bloom.                                $12.99

Groomsmen, Ushers, Ring bearer and fathers will wear an Ivory rose with green hydrangea.

11@$10.99=$120.89

Mothers will carry a small clutch bouquet made with 3 white roses, white stock, greenery and a simple bow.

3@$19.99=$59.97

Two alter arrangements will be made in your vases with white hydrangea, bells of Ireland and greenery.

2@$79.99=$159.98

Delivery $65.00

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards