Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Hair fascinator.

Any ideas where to get one online or instore?

I looked on Etsy at every single one they have and I either do not like them, or they are really pricey.

Re: Hair fascinator.

• edited December 2011
    I did a custom piece from etsy seller lulusplendor.

Honestly, they are not hard to make, and you might find some DIY instructions online. When you search on etsy, you can sort by price. There are some really reasonable options on there.
    CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • edited December 2011
    tell me about it! i thought etsy would be a great place (my sister is my moh and has short hair, and wants a fascinator) -- but they're like $100 each!

i did an ebay search and found some things, but not a whole lot. i'm thisclose to buying pins and making her one.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in the process of looking for one too!  They frequently come up for sale on the Trash to Treasure board on the Nest, so keep your eye on there because they go quickly. 

Also, I've heard that Clarissa's in Pittsburgh is a good place to get custom accessories made.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • ros3392ros3392 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just talked to Clarissa's today about alterations! I've read good things online!

Also, I have a hair fascinator that I am considering selling for around $35 (which is what I paid for it)

PM me if anyone is interested! I can take a picture later today!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • ros3392ros3392 member
    edited December 2011
    Also, does anyone know if birds or ostriches are harmed when taking their feathers for hair fascinators and other things? I really like the look of it, but I won't use a feather piece if I know there's a chance they were harmed. I'm having  hard time finding faux pieces online!

Thanks!
  • edited December 2011

Clarissa's is expensive for custom accessories.  I had my opera length gloves made there, and they did was sew elasticzed beading (2 rows) onto the top of premade gloves and it was over $100.  The gloves were prolly $5 from china, and the quality of their sewing for the gloves was awful.  They didn't sew them with the gloves stretched (which is how they would be on top once they were on my arm, so they had to re do them.  I ended up trimming the loose threads and such.  I'm no seamstress, but it shouldn't have been rocket science to figure glove tops need to be able to stretch properly.  FWIW I have average sized biceps too, not little wimpy guns.  lol

August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_hair-fascinator?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:116Discussion:54e5bc29-8196-4d8b-9484-1b13fffad551Post:ccb56375-4d7f-4015-ab34-e3787755c960">Re: Hair fascinator.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also, does anyone know if birds or ostriches are harmed when taking their feathers for hair fascinators and other things? I really like the look of it, but I won't use a feather piece if I know there's a chance they were harmed. I'm having  hard time finding faux pieces online! Thanks!
    Posted by ros3392[/QUOTE]

No. No birds are harmed. Birds molt feathers naturally, and those are the feathers used.
    Birds are not usually farmed solely for their feathers, so there's no killing birds just to get a pretty accessory.
    However, some of the feathers used might come from birds that were raised as food.
    CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nunu, I was wondering that as well- thank you for the answer!

Vacation
  • ros3392ros3392 member
    edited December 2011
    Ok good! Thanks so much for this info! I will feel a lot better about buying one with feathers! I also want a few in my bouquet as well!

• gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found some really cute inexpensive ones on Etsy (I don't know exactly what youre looking for but there are TONS of them)... just run a search for 'fascinator', or 'hair comb'... I searched under both 'all handmade' as well as 'wedding' and tons of options came up in various price ranges!
  • shakinmynerdsshakinmynerds member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found one! At Alfred Angelo.  I was there trying on bridesmaid dresses with a group of girls and they had one on sale, plus i got a 15% dicscount for being with a bride who bought her dress there.

Double SCORE!

Glad no birdies are hurt for the feathers.. I wouldnt use it if they were..
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oooh nice, congrats!  I may need to go check that out myself.

Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards