Hawaii
Options

Raffia Fans - Oriental Trading?

Question for the girls who purchased raffia fans.  Where did you find them chepaest?  Shipping is killing me... I'm thinking of going with Oriental Trading, but wanted to know how many were too small to use, also what sizes they came in.

Any insight would be wonderful... I've been MIA due to work, things are finally slowing down, but the wedding is creeping up!!  Eek!!

TIA :)

Re: Raffia Fans - Oriental Trading?

• Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OTC is where I got mine.  But if you have a WC you might ask if she has some that you can use.  I gave mine to my WC b/c I don't have any use for them, and she let us use parasols that someone else had previously given her, so they're out there sometimes.
  • Options
    aliblualiblu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine from OTC, but they do vary in size ALOT! Some were as small as like my hand and some were really big. So, they had small, med, and large sizes. So depending on how many guests you have, you might need to order more, because there were some I couldn't use. I also googled OTC Coupon codes to get a 10% off.
    AliBlu | 6.8.2011 | My Bio-Updated 3/3
    Visit Maui.Weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I too got my fans from Oriental Trading, and they definitely vary in size.  I had over-estimated our headcount early on when I ordered the fans, so it all worked out in the end because I had extras and didn't need to use the super small ones.

I have about 40 fans for sale on Oahu, left over from our wedding.  However the handles are wrapped in navy-ish blue ribbon. 

You could also check the Aloha Stadium swap meet - I got a couple there to test out the fan/program concept, but they were definitely more expensive than OTC.  They were very good quality though, and uniform in size.  Maybe if you factor in shipping, the swap meet prices wouldnt be too bad (and you could haggle of course:)  
  • Options
    55pawsh55pawsh member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!!

Daveandjess - just sent you a PM :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards