Wedding Woes

Bad, MTV. Bad!

This After Labor special, with it's teenage audience, does not need to see some dude proposing to the girl he knocked up.

And oi, the fake nails.

Re: Bad, MTV. Bad!

• *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    avg 16 and pg chain of thought, "bf made $20 working at McDonalds today - should i a) buy formula  or b) get my nails done"

the choice is always "b" cause you can't show off your diamond-ish ring with crappy looking nails .
  • TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, the MTV stylists give them great makeovers for the special. Because that's what teenagers need to see. Have a kid young, get on TV, and get a great new outfit and fake nails.

I do think this show does more harm than good.
  • edited December 2011
    I told y'all about the nails!

Diamond-ish? You know that's straight diamond dust.
    "I would be sad if sex was only about the climax, lame." Someone who is obviously doing it wrong
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah...all the ones up there with guys should stay at home. Keep the girls who are alone and crying and busted looking.

Most of them have always had fake nails...like those nails make you super fertile or something?

::considers fake nails for the first time ever::
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_bad-mtv-bad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:3bda4993-abce-4b36-929a-92b27fbecdb9Post:d34dda6f-9942-437b-a3fd-803826e3217d">Re: Bad, MTV. Bad!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I told y'all about the nails! Diamond-ish? You know that's straight diamond dust.
    Posted by HookaPants[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I was actually thinking of Gary's <$20 Walmart ring on Season 1.</div><div>

</div>
  • edited December 2011
    I was howling when Gary asked about the return policy!!
    edited December 2011
    how do you wipe an ass (a baby's, your own, etc.) with fake nails?

I had them for all of 2 months around my wedding, and they were cut as short as my natural nails. I was thrilled to get them off. 

• awesome-sauceawesome-sauce member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_bad-mtv-bad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:3bda4993-abce-4b36-929a-92b27fbecdb9Post:7596f5fb-74fd-47c3-8410-f35954246d14">Re: Bad, MTV. Bad!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>how do you wipe an ass (a baby's, your own, etc.) with fake nails?</strong> I had them for all of 2 months around my wedding, and they were cut as short as my natural nails. I was thrilled to get them off. 
    Posted by *Barbie*[/QUOTE]

Gah-hross.
  • edited December 2011

Barbie, I so want to find that clip for CP.

Fake nails are the rage in high school ALLLL the grown ups do it.

"I would be sad if sex was only about the climax, lame." Someone who is obviously doing it wrong
    Photobucket
    edited December 2011
    it's a legitimate question. I've always been tempted to ask one of those women with the 2" talons - but I was afraid she'd touch me with her nail. 
  • edited December 2011
    A woman I worked with had talons. If she wore a pink shirt, she'd have pink talons, pink shoes, pink eye shadow. It was creepy.
    Photobucket
  • awesome-sauceawesome-sauce member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_bad-mtv-bad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:3bda4993-abce-4b36-929a-92b27fbecdb9Post:569f4b6a-42b5-494c-b953-0d2def8b6617">Re: Bad, MTV. Bad!</a>:
    [QUOTE]it's a legitimate question. I've always been tempted to ask one of those women with the 2" talons - but I was afraid she'd touch me with her nail. 
    Posted by *Barbie*[/QUOTE]

It's definitely valid. It made me shudder to think what you were implying.
  • edited December 2011
    How do you insert/change a tampon. That's the part that kills me. I assume you could have a bidet to help with the poo part.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_bad-mtv-bad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:3bda4993-abce-4b36-929a-92b27fbecdb9Post:86fb6b16-64d9-448d-8538-a7f0b85776fd">Re: Bad, MTV. Bad!</a>:
    [QUOTE]A woman I worked with had talons. If she wore a pink shirt, she'd have pink talons, pink shoes, pink eye shadow. It was creepy.
    Posted by HookaPants[/QUOTE]

I knew a girl that once had her SIX letter first name put on her middle talon with those plastic letter cubes usually reserved for "BFF forever" necklaces and bracelets.  Pretty intense.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards