Moms and Maids

MOH dress different than BM dresses

I wanted your opinion. I'm thinking of letting my MOH pick her dress and then the 3 BM will wear the same dress as each other. I thought it would be a nice way to acknowledge my MOH and let her stand out a little. What do you think? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: MOH dress different than BM dresses

• Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    When I was in my sisters wedding I was the MOH.  I had a different dress then the other bridesmaids.  However, we stuck to the same fabric and color scheme, they were just a different design.

To make sure that the dresses are cohesive definitely keep it in the same fabric family.  You could even do a different coordinating color for the MOH if you wanted.

• AutumnFairAutumnFair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's fine. I've been in many weddings wear the MOH is in a different dress. But I agree, to make it "feel" cohesive stick with the same fabric (color can be interchangeable).
  • edited December 2011
    I am going to have my maid of honor wear a yellow dress, the rest of the party is wearing violet. It will probably be a different style but I am too far out know.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ShakeUpTampaShakeUpTampa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All three of my girls are in different dresses and the MOH is in a different color. They are all in the same length and fabric though.
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • sparklesf611sparklesf611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you could go with a different style of dress and/or color, if the color is in keeping with your color scheme.  I was in a wedding where the MOH wore a different color than the rest of the bm's and it looked cool.  My flower girls wore the accent color (yellow) for my wedding; I asked my MOH what she wanted and she said she preferred to wear the same dress as the other bm's and said I could make her bouquet a bit different if I wanted her to stand out so I just did that.  I would try the same type of fabric and roughly the same length though.
  • Simply FatedSimply Fated member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_moh-dress-different-bm-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:53be168e-734c-46c6-8aa2-2bc8bf61cb70Post:d2e4f74b-ad3a-42a5-8b5b-85a28184e265">MOH dress different than BM dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wanted your opinion. I'm thinking of letting my MOH pick her dress and then the 3 BM will wear the same dress as each other. I thought it would be a nice way to acknowledge my MOH and let her stand out a little. What do you think? 
    Posted by Kimberly0402[/QUOTE]
    I think it's a great idea! It might help if there was something tying the dresses together, though. Like, the same style, but the MOH wears a different color. Or the same color, but the MOH has a different style. Something like that.
    At my friend's wedding, I was the MOH and we all wore dresses the same color. But my dress was a different style and different fabric from the bridesmaids. The junior bridesmaid had the same fabric as the bridesmaids, but her style was different. Everyone knew we were the bridal party girls and it looked just fine.
  • edited December 2011
    My MOH will be in a gold dress and my BM's will be in blue. Same dress tho. As long as they aren't too different where they clash it shouldn't be a problem.
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • Kimberly0402Kimberly0402 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I feel better about my decision. All of my girls are going to wear the same color and fabric, but my MOH will have a different style. Thanks again for your help!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards