Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Ok, validation...

So I know I complained that my friends/family disappointed me regarding my bday and that I feel like I do more for them than I receive.

To back me up, here's what's going on....

I've received TWO phone calls today... 1 friend and MIL... and it's almost 5pm
Brother couldn't be bothered to shop for a card or gift, so he emailed me an amazon "gift card".
Aunt/Uncle sent a card, no gift no phone call
Got texts from a couple people
Got FB messages from a lot of people
No one has asked if they could come here to celebrate with me

I don't make this stuff up in my head.  And now I'm off to shower and get dolled up for din din with hubs.

Thanks again for all the bday wished from you ladies (on here and FB).  I do appreciate it.  And thanks for letting me vent here where I can't get in trouble for offending people!

PS - I know I've mentioned that I work in HR... so WHY did I not print copies of my resume for the interview tomorrow?  Duh!  I had to make a stop at FedEx to print copies for $0.42.  LOL

Re: Ok, validation...

• amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

At least you don't let it ruin your day.  I hope you enjoy your dinner!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011

The card seemed like a nice thing =) No one sends cards anymore or hand written letters.

Where did you decide to go to dinner?

• edited December 2011
    I've decided to go to Lai Lai.  I hope it's not rediculously expensive!
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry for being debbie downer about this.  I just think its really F***ed up when your parents and brother don't call for your birthday.  

I'm just going to enjoy dinner with H and try to relax and get my head in a good space for my interview tomorrow.
  • edited December 2011
    Enjoy your dinner.
    I agree that your parents and brother shoud've called.  I know it's hard, but try to forget about them and think of your wonderful husband who you are going out to dinner with and enjoying your desserts.
    Remember you have people around who really care about you so screw everyone else and enjoy your birthday! 
    Good luck tomorrow!!!

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
  • DianaM27DianaM27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Happy Birthday Hilary! I hope you have an awesome dinner with the Hubs and good luck on the interview tomorrow a new job would make a sweet birthday present!!!
    One of my bridesmaids and I sitting poolside Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_ok-validation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:6e43c882-9902-45b7-b973-246cc4d1f4c3Post:a82f1a83-1bb0-463c-9675-acff9a8fbb8d">Re: Ok, validation...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry for being debbie downer about this.  I just think its really F***ed up when your parents and brother don't call for your birthday.   I'm just going to enjoy dinner with H and try to relax and get my head in a good space for my interview tomorrow.
    Posted by miguelhilary2010[/QUOTE]

I completely understand this. I quite honestly do not know if my parents [well my mom really since my dad and I barely talk] would call me if it wouldn't be for me calling them on/near my birthday. I generate the call because I don't want to know how I'd feel if they would forget. I don't call and say 'happy birthday to me' or anything but I do usually make the call and then they'll tell me Happy Birthday when they answer.

But, Happy Birthday MH :) And good luck on your interview! It'd be a nice bday present :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thumbs down to you the fam for not calling.  Thumbs.  down. 

I want to celebrate your birthday with you Hil... Knottie party?
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_ok-validation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:6e43c882-9902-45b7-b973-246cc4d1f4c3Post:30fb0f3c-1147-42fa-97e0-f5b275228a8a">Re: Ok, validation...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want to celebrate your birthday with you Hil... Knottie party?
    Posted by Amerbutt81[/QUOTE]

that's what I said ... she needs some celebrating and we need to make that happen!

Philly Sig Challenge

For Sale

• edited December 2011
    Ok, we're back from dinner now.  Brother didn't call.  Mom didn't call.  Dad called, but I noticed he was posting about his side business on FB an hour before calling me, so he only gets partial credit because I can see where his priorities are.

In my opinion, beyond all the other BS we usually deal with, this just tops it all in assholeness.

In other news, Lai Lai was good, but not great.  It was very traditional in style/decor and the food is presented very cheesy-traditional.  I do not recommend the calamari as an app, but our entrees were good.  I would say the prices compare to PF Changs... around $15-20 per plate.  They have Japanese food and sushi, but we didn't have any.
  • edited December 2011
    Did you figure out what you're doing this weekend?

Get some sleep and prepare yourself for tomorrow so you can kick some @ss in the interview.

Philly Sig Challenge

For Sale

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards