Snarky Brides

I can has iPhone!

So, what have I missed by not being able to post during the day for the past three months? But seriously folks... How is everyone? :)

Re: I can has iPhone!

• Hi Poli!

You haven't missed too much but then again, my Knot memory is pretty much crap for remembering who said what and when.

I'm good, taking some more classes, yay art!, and being befuddled by the lack of a white midwest winter
  • What kind of art classes, Anna? That sounds really cool :) I hear ya about the winter confusion- we were in MN for Christmas, and I was so bummed that it was snowless! It was my one chance all winter to see it.
  • What has Poli missed.. um, not that much TBH.  TK has sucked pretty bad the past 6 or 7 weeks with glitches and stuff.  So mostly you've missed out on being frustrated :)

How's the iPhone?  I still use a talk-and-text, I'm way too scared (and cheap) to use a smartphone.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_can-iphone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1ebedba2-d89c-4456-89b7-3d8c9d59efdfPost:5875524d-d9d8-4416-af96-227543abfac4">Re: I can has iPhone!</a>:
    [QUOTE]What kind of art classes, Anna? That sounds really cool :) I hear ya about the winter confusion- we were in MN for Christmas, and I was so bummed that it was snowless! It was my one chance all winter to see it.
    Posted by polichik[/QUOTE]

Drawing II and a digital photography manipulation class.  WAY cool sounding classes (i've only had one class from each thus far)  Lots of independent and mixed media work.  I've got to dig out all my old magazines, paints, and get ready to be covered in charcoal.

Still no snow here.  However, the weather guy last night stated that his winter prediction of 43 inches still stands.  We'll just be getting it all in a much shorter timeframe.  So either he's an idiot or we're screwed.
  • Hey Poli, how goes SF? I love the new sig.

Not too much new with me, except I finished school. Oh yeah, and I got a husband. Same old same old.

I've been cleaning and I'm trying to drum up the motivation for food shopping, which searching empanada recipes.
  • AATB, the few times I've been here at night, the glitches definitely seemed to be en vogue :P hopefully they'll fix them, right? Funny, I'm getting a strong sense of deja vu... Heh. I really like the iPhone so far, but that's nothing compares to H's excitement. I haven't seen him like this since he got his custom ultralight camp stove (for serious). Anna, I hope you'll post pics of your projects! That sounds awesome. We might get some snow here this weekend- not in SF, but across the GG Bridge on the big mountain over there. We'll see! Ahhh Nates that's right! Major congrats! Do you have pics back yet?
  • edited January 2012
    I do! I've shared a few in sigs:

I really want to go back to SF--I've been dreaming about it lately. CCF is pushing it :P

ETA: These pics look really blurry to me, but I'm not sure why. Sorry if they are--they were clear in my sigs. Stupid pictures.
  • I'm still trying to figure out my phone (some kind of droid something or other) - my 16 year old niece is my go-to source for help.  Pretty sad. 

H and I were talking on Saturday about an anniversary trip this spring and I suggested San Francisco.  Hoping he warms to the idea - I've only been there once and for not nearly long enough.  As it stands right now though, Austin Texas is in the lead.  :/
  • iPhones are awesome. I'm pretty attached to my slide-out keyboard though.  I will be sad when they stop making them.

I'm spending my day off by trying to figure out some wedding stuff. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_can-iphone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1ebedba2-d89c-4456-89b7-3d8c9d59efdfPost:3d9490b7-0b19-4dbb-b4e2-971756fb5cad">Re: I can has iPhone!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I do! I've shared a few in sigs: I really want to go back to SF--I've been dreaming about it lately. CCF is pushing it :P ETA: These pics look really blurry to me, but I'm not sure why. Sorry if they are--they were clear in my sigs. Stupid pictures.
    Posted by ZombieNates[/QUOTE]

Hooooly crap, woman- those could be out of a magazine! The first one is breathtaking. I want more! :)
  • polichikpolichik member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Girlie, you should totally come here! It's especially gorgeous in the spring, and flights shouldn't be too bad. No offense to Austin, but I vote for SF :) Thanks Koda! Are you guys considering a droid, or are you pro-iPhone? MD, I almost got a droid but backed out lat-minute. It sounds like you're not a fan, huh? Lindsey, I love your sig pic!

I really want a tablet lately. I already have a netbook, android phone, and ereader, but I feel the need to have another device I probably don't need at all. It's ridiculous.
  • I just did a quick price check and SF would actually be less expensive than Austin.  Do you know anything about the Fairmont hotel?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_can-iphone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1ebedba2-d89c-4456-89b7-3d8c9d59efdfPost:32d96e02-ad23-4173-9ec5-55fb132e2a08">Re: I can has iPhone!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Girlie, you should totally come here! It's especially gorgeous in the spring, and flights shouldn't be too bad. No offense to Austin, but I vote for SF :) Thanks Koda! Are you guys considering a droid, or are you pro-iPhone? MD, I almost got a droid but backed out lat-minute. It sounds like you're not a fan, huh? Lindsey, I love your sig pic!
    Posted by polichik[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks! Do you have any more modeling pics to show us?</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_can-iphone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1ebedba2-d89c-4456-89b7-3d8c9d59efdfPost:716a6743-1e8f-4f81-99a9-72e18991cd0e">Re: I can has iPhone!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just did a quick price check and SF would actually be less expensive than Austin.  Do you know anything about the Fairmont hotel?
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

It sounds really familiar- do you know which cross streets it's at?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_can-iphone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1ebedba2-d89c-4456-89b7-3d8c9d59efdfPost:81f3bfa4-33ab-48e2-9e3c-5caaff8ef94b">Re: I can has iPhone!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I can has iPhone! : Thanks! Do you have any more modeling pics to show us?
    Posted by lindseyann410[/QUOTE]

No, I'm kind of bummed- I did a pretty major project for an online clothing boutique, but they're restructuring their website & won't have their new stuff up until they get another 10k likes on Facebook. The photos are pretty much useless to my portfolio unless I can get a screenshot of them in an actual ad, so it's a little annoying.
  • Looks like California St. between Hyde & Kearny.
  • Very cool! Pretty much anywhere on California would be great. You'll be close to Union Square but not smack dan on the middle of the chaos, and you'd be walking distance to two of my favorite neighborhoods :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards