New York-Hudson Valley

New - Need Feedback

Hi everyone,

I am planning a Westchester wedding for next winter from far out of town and need some insight on the venues we are looking at. If you know anything about these venues, please give me your feedback - I would really appreciate it.

1. HIlton Rye
2. Tappan Hill
3. Ritz-Carlton White Plains

I really appreciate the help!

Re: New - Need Feedback

• edited December 2011
    Hi,

I had a company dinner at the Ritz. It was beautiful! The staff was nice, the food was good! I have no complaints!
  • jeanna85jeanna85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love Tappan Hill! The caterer is Abigail Kirsch, who is probably the most well known catering company in the NYC area for weddings. They do the New York Botanical Gardens weddings, which I almost went with after talking to the company. Tappan Hill is beautiful, but cannot accomodate many people (200 is a definite squeeze if you want enough room to dance) so keep that in mind if you wanted a larger wedding. Cocktail hour was one of the best I've seen in the area and the food is presented really beautifully. The outside is very nice, it was Mark Twain's former residence, inside isnt as spectacular but still nice to look at.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    We used to have our sales meeting at the Rye Town Hilton, never had a problem.
    Went to a Bridal Show at the Ritz, very pretty
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Tappan Hill in June!  It's beautiful, and the people you will work for planning would likely be a tremendous help for an out-of-towner.  They know about EVERYTHING, and are incredibly professional.  Also, they will give you lists of vendors for all the major stuff you'll need, which will make it much easier to narrow things down from far away. 
    We chose Tappan Hill because of the Abigail Kirsch reputation (like the above reply says, they are supposed to be phenomenal!), and because we felt very comfortable with Leigh (our coordinator) from the moment we met with her. 
    Good luck!
    The Table Has Shoes (and Other Ambiguities)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Me = lean PCOS;DH = poor morphology (3%)
    3 IUI/TI cycles = BFN
    IVF #1 with ICSI: antagonist protocol = BFFN
    IVF #2 with ICSI : Lupron downregulation = BFFN...FML
    IVF #3 with ICSI and AH (Antagonist) = IT'S A BOY!!!!

dumbledore

BabyFruit Ticker
  • ElayneJCElayneJC member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone. It is incredibly hard (way harder than I anticipated) to plan a wedding from so far away. I really appreciate the help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards