Flowers
Options

May Flowers

So, I'm getting married in May and am starting to prepare ideas for my flowers so I can meet with my lovely florist. Too bad my colors for the wedding are black and light blue. I know that I most definitely do not want any sort of blue flower. Would light pink flowers look horribly tacky? Especially if we tied light blue ribbon at the base? I need the blue in there somewhere as it is an accent color for my bridesmaids and the rest of the wedding. But I'm stuck as to what color to have in my bouquet,  much less everyone else! Help!

Re: May Flowers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am also getting married in May and I am doing pinks and purples. I really love the color pink so, I don't care. I'm not going crazy with it, but it will be present. Also, since my name is Heather, I am putting the flower Heather in as filler, since it's not a large flower. It is also going to be in the boutonnieres. I would talk to your florist and see what he/she says but also have your own ideas. Usually pictures are a good idea. The way I feel about it let them tell you what they think, but also have your own ideas since it is your wedding! Good luck!
  • Options
    Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The light pink or "blush" would look very nice with the light blue and black. If I had to choose, it would be one of my top 2 or 3 choices. Actually, most any pastel would work, alone, or combined with white. These would be my suggestions, in order: all white light pink/blush, or pink and white light green and white (pale green hydrangeas, or lime green poms) yellow, or yellow and white peach or orange. lavender/purple
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was married memorial weekend and pics of my flowers in my married bio. Also think about blue hydrangeas.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married this Memorial day weekend. I just looked at your pictures. The colors were very nice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married Memorial Day weekend, and my colors are blue/brown. After talking to the florist, there are basically no blue flowers that are in the right shade (or close to it). So, I *think* we're going to use white Calla Lilies and blue ribbon. I think any light color would work, I just like lilies.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think you can't go wrong with with flowers.  They're the classic color for a wedding and go with anything!  Plus I think all white arrangements look very classy.  But if you don't like white, I think any pastel color would work.  Just go with what you like! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm a bit late on this, but I got married this past May and my girls wore cornflower blue dresses.  I didn't want any blue flowers either and didn't want white so my florist suggested citrus colors.  At first I was unsure of how it would look together, but I absolutely love how they turned out.  Link to pro pics in married bio.
    IMG_2788

2/20/2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Peonies are amazing in May! Best time for them. They are beautiful and smell even better.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards