Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Ceremonies

I'm curious as to what you included in your actual ceremony?  I'm a MB bride and have been looking at the worksheets that the WC sent.  We will probably do a civil ceremony.  Does anyone know if that's just vows?  I'm afraid that it will last all of 3 minutes!  Did you pick readings, etc?  Just curious... One of these days I will get around to stalking a webcast:)

Re: Ceremonies

• Options
    edited December 2011
    MB bride...we did religious ceremony (Mention of God and prayer), and added a nice reading (http://chrisandevamarried.webs.com/ceremony.htm). I think the ceremony was about 15-20 minutes and it wasn't over Godly...still had many light-hearted moments with Rev. Roland.
  • Options
    Sloane99Sloane99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a MB bride too!  Generally we left up to the Minister and after watching the webcasts, I'm confident whoever we get will do a good job. We opted for a combination of religious and civil, and added specifics in the notes section - as in we are both Christians and definitely wanted acknowledgement that we believe that God has a place in our marriage, but we also wanted it to not be 100% preachy either. I also wanted a family-expression written in somehow and I wanted him to pronounce us as Mr. and Mrs. NewLastName. Other than that, we are leaving it up to him.

All the ceremonies seem to last for about 15 minutes and so no, it's not just vows, the minister adds things accordingly. You can do a combination of pretty much anything including writing your own vows. The Minister will meet with you and the groom prior to the ceremony to go over any last minute things as well but it will definitely be more than a 3 minute ceremony regardless.
    2 IVFs & 1 FET. Welcome home baby girl!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't even think to do a combination of religious and civil.  That's a great idea!  I do want to pick readings.  I just haven't gotten around to it yet.  As always, great info:)  Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had Rev. Roland and he did a great job of keeping it very heartfelt and fun at the same time. I think our ceremony was 15-20mins.
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was a MB bride. I watched so many webcasting to see what I wanted. In the end we went with a civil ceremony & requested Rev. Rudy. bc I loved what he said. I googled and googled sayings/prayers for the ceremony, but I never found anything that felt like us. In the end, I didn't end add anything, and I still loved my ceremony.

Right before the ceremony, Rudy went over everything and asked how we would like to be announced. I think he said "Mr. and Mrs. Krause" which I ok-ed.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had a civil ceremony, with I think, Rev. Rudy (officiant with a beard, great guy!).  I asked him to read an Irish wedding blessing, which he did very nicely.  We didn't have an announcement at the end (MIL would've had a heart attack that I wasn't Mrs. HisLastName), altogether our ceremony was just over ten minutes long (10min, 46sec - I put it on my iPod).

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_ceremonies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:db8eeb32-1b6d-4c07-bdf9-90aac7f4c226Post:589bc48a-735e-48c5-9b22-5277a40c817b">Re: Ceremonies</a>:
    [QUOTE]We had a civil ceremony, w<strong>ith I think, Rev. Rudy (officiant with a beard, great guy!).</strong>  I asked him to read an Irish wedding blessing, which he did very nicely.  We didn't have an announcement at the end (MIL would've had a heart attack that I wasn't Mrs. HisLastName), altogether our ceremony was just over ten minutes long (10min, 46sec - I put it on my iPod).
    Posted by impslave[/QUOTE]
    Haha I totally thought his name was Rudy, but it is Adam! We just got our marriage license today in the mail and it had his name on it! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I'd start watching the webcasts.  This will give you a good idea of different things being done. 

• Options
    wenawinterwenawinter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MB Bride, not married yet. We are requesting a combo of Religious/Civil. We are also doing our own vows, which I believe we have to have in 30 days before the day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards