Not Engaged Yet

WSG: Facing the music

Happy Sunday ladies!

I got back from vacation yesterday and we ate like total crap this past week (it was wonderful lol) We even went to the Old Salty Dog which was featured on Man v Food on the Travel Channel. It was yummy!

So this morning I had to face the music of my terrible decisions last week (which consisted of lots of alcohol and lots of eating out). I gained 4.4 lbs in 1 week (eeeek!). Back on track this morning.

I'm drinking lots of extra water today and loading up on fruits and veggies to hopefully flush the crap out of my system.

What do you do to get back on track with your Wellness goals?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: WSG: Facing the music

• Ollie08Ollie08 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also think it's humorous that my little lady on the beach keeps running backwards. It's like she can't decide which direction to go lol

• lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ah...the story of life...

If I ever become a weight watchers leader...I'll tell my members to expect occasional gains...they are badges of enjoying life.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Ollie08Ollie08 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like that... The badges of enjoying life. I'll admit, it was totally worth it (providing I can undo some of the damage this week)

• Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Weigh yourself again after being back on the wagon for a couple days, and I bet the numbers will be a lot better. Most likely, a significant part of that gain is just due to water retention from extra sodium last week and to throwing your digestive system out of whack.
  • misikesmisikes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I started using myfitnesspal.com about a week ago. I usually jump eagerly on the "eat right and exercise" bandwagon, but usually don't last longer than a week. Keeping up with it on MFP has really helped keep me on track. I usually think twice before eating junk food because I know it will make my numbers skyrocket, lol.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • freebread03freebread03 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I'm on vacation now and I've DEFINITELY been eating like crap, but I know it will come off when I return to "normal" life.  Also, remember that you're also probably bloated because of higher salt intake (there always seems to be more salt when you eat out).
  • edited December 2011
    Isn't that what vacation is all about?! getting away from it ALL, including your diet?! :)

It's great that you had a good time, maybe to get back on track, just like you said, drink more water and do an extra 5 minutes of cardio each day until you're back to around where you were before vacation :)

I just started my weight loss recently and it seems incredibly difficult, but I have to remind myself, it took me years to gain this weight, it's going to take years for it to come off! :)  (me having about 100lbs to lose! :-0 )

You'll do fine, everytime you look at that scale, just remember how much fun you had putting those pounds on! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards