Outdoor Weddings

electricity and bathrooms

What do I do about electricity and bathrooms? I've heard about renting portapotties but that sounds terrible and expensive. I've also heard about generators. Are those expensive? I really want to get married out in the middle of no where but these problems are dragging me down :(

Re: electricity and bathrooms

• id012id012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Iv have been to partys where they rented a "port o potty" and ot eas one of the nicer bathrooms iv ever been in! It was like a trailer thing with 2 stalles a nice vanity beautiful countertops. There are deffiently oppstions out there! As for genorators i havr no idea i think ypu would have to talk to your venders about what they wpuld need
  • you can get a trailer and rent a generator to go with it. you can get a couple regular port a potties and put battery operated laterns in there so they're not dark. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_electricity-and-bathrooms?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:b9a0e656-798d-4ead-9d03-e0f1c006d654Post:71a30aed-45b5-4619-9ece-5aa22bf8d53a">Re: electricity and bathrooms</a>:
    [QUOTE]you can get a trailer and rent a generator to go with it. you can get a couple regular port a potties and put battery operated laterns in there so they're not dark.   
    Posted by DreamCLG7[/QUOTE]

This! You have a couple of different options!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • If you are going to rent port-o-potties, rent the trailer kind with lighting.  I would be horrified if I got to a wedding with a construction style port-o-potty.  yes they are expensive.  But, you ned to make your guests comfortable.
  • I just checked into this for our party in Denver and found a place with a 1 stall trailer.  It will work for us because we are only having about 80 guests.  the price was $205 for the day.  I did not think was too expensive.  We are going to rent it. 
  • One really isn't enough for 80 people.
  • One bathroom is not enough for 80 people. You should rent at least two, but probably 3.  We have a two stall women's bathroom in my office for about 75 people and it is constantly busy.  And that's just for the WOMEN in the office. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_electricity-and-bathrooms?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:b9a0e656-798d-4ead-9d03-e0f1c006d654Post:7371971f-317c-4ab0-99a8-3aa1f452d907">Re: electricity and bathrooms</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just checked into this for our party in Denver and found a place with a 1 stall trailer.  It will work for us because we are only having about 80 guests.  the price was $205 for the day.  I did not think was too expensive.  We are going to rent it. 
    Posted by Susan Barrett[/QUOTE]
    One toilet for 80 people?  Are you insane?

• We had about 70 guests and had a bathroom trailer with 2 women's stalls and 1 men's. Even with that many stalls, people occasionally had to wait a minute or 2. It was a chunk of our budget, but I agree, construction-style toilets are pretty nasty to people when they're dressed up.
  • I've been doing outdoor scouting events for years and 1 port-o-potty for 80 guests in not enough! Also, be careful renting generators as some are very loud and intrusive. The first time we rented them no one could hear the awards ceremony.We worked very hard to find quiet generators and finally did. We ended up buying 2 of them and then selling them after the event...if I can find the brand of generqator I will PM it to you. They sold very quickly for a slightly reduced price so we ended up spending about what it would have cost to rent noisy generators in the first place!
  • remember that YOU are also going to have to use the potty! Get something big enough that you can get in there easily with your dress on!
    As for a generator, you need to know what you are going to use it for and how far away you will put it. They are noisy and need to be well ventilated.  Also - make sure you ask about the tank and how long it will run for. Have a designated person that will refuel it. We are using one and my fiance said 'I'll refuel it when necessary!" Uh - no. I told him I'd really rather he not smell like gasoline while we are dancing!
  • We are getting married outside as well I have rented a 3 stall bathroom trailer.  It cost about $900 (after the discount we got since we got then tent from the same place) but I reall ythink our older guest and the folks who are used to our house will be more comfortable with the trailer then the portapotty. it ends up about the same price as 4 porta potties but we also will have it on site for 5 days which is great since a bunch of folks are staying over - camping style!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards