California-Inland Empire

Wedding on a Wednesday?

What do you think about a wedding on a Wednesday? My fiancé and I want our wedding on the seventh of August 2013. I am pretty firm on the date.

I understand it would mean some people would not be able to attend as it is not a convenient as a Saturday wedding. It would also mean cheaper prices at some venues and crossing some off our list as weekday weddings are sometimes not available.

Re: Wedding on a Wednesday?

• desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is this date significant? 
    Yes you may get a low guest count, but if that is the day you want, the people that want to be there will show up. GL
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • MrsTucker2011MrsTucker2011 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why are you so firm on the date? Why do you have to have it on a Wednesday? Are you ok with a small wedding since quite a few people have to go to work during the week?
    If you're firm on the date, then why ask us?
    Anniversary An engaged woman is always more agreeable than a disengaged. She is satisfied with herself. Her cares are over, and she feels that she may exert all her powers of pleasing without suspicion. All is safe with a lady engaged; no harm can be done. ~Jane Austen BabyFruit Ticker
  • BRwedding2011BRwedding2011 member
    edited December 2011
    Do what you want :) If someone really wants to be at your event, they'll find a way to get there regardless of what day it is! Plus you'll get a lower price at most venues so thats a perk right there!
  • edited December 2011
    Well, if you are firm on your date then just be prepared for a lot of people not coming and if they do, they probably won't stay long at all. I know I wouldn't stay long (if I came at all) because I get up at 5am every morning.

• BRwedding2011BRwedding2011 member
    edited December 2011
    My future sister in law got married on a Sunday evening and I get up early so I snuck out at 10 but I was surprised at how many people were still partying on the dance floor when we were walking out so it just depends on your crowd and what works for you :)
  • tehlilonetehlilone member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I say do it if the date is that important. I want to have our wedding on our anniversary no matter what and that's going to fall on a Tuesday. As long as the most important people in my life can make it to my wedding then that's all I need.
    Wisdom comes with age and experience, but age and experience does not come with wisdom. LilySlim Exercise days tickersLilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards