Flowers

carnation

Hello! It is the first time I have posted on this board. I went to my florist yesterday and the bouquet she has put together is beautiful!! Especially with this one carnation.. (I will post a pic of it on here). So I'd really like to use this carnation for my centerpieces but if I got them from here I know I would pay a lot...So if I bought bulk I might get a better price. If any of you know where I could find this flower at, it would be so helpful to know! Thank you for your help!

Re: carnation

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should post this on your local board.  This is an international board so you won't get many, if any, responses in your area.  
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Oh...there really is no one on my board..but I was mainly looking for online resources anyways....
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah I seen fiftyflowers.com and I'm kind of skeptical about the online resources, but they are the only with bulk flowers. I plan on having a florist do the bouquets and bouts, but for the centerpieces I wanted to do them myself. So do you know of anyone or seen any posts about fiftyflowers.com? I really like this one flower I found on there and it would be wonderful if i could order it but I have no idea if they would come in wilted..
  • Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

Usually, you either buy your own flowers and DIY, or use a professional florist, unless you have a deal with someone.

If you are using a professional florist, they usually require that you buy the flowers from them.  They cannot guarantee results from other sources.  Plus, they get the mark up on the flowers, that's how they make their living. 

• edited December 2011
    I was just on sams club and costco websites they have them for 150 stems for $69 or so.

best of luck to you. I am also thinking of doing all my flowers myself after seeing how much carnations cost from sams!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice! I found the carnation on fiftyflowers.com and its 99 dollars for 10 bunches. I won't need too many and these are for centerpieces which are going to be very simple (1 flower per vase). Thanks for the advice everyone!
  • emmy82087emmy82087 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://theflowerexchange.com is a great website and they deliver on time and are just fantastic and the quality of the flower is good too!

http://www.theflowerexchange.com/scripts/prodList.asp?idcategory=27 (Carnations)
    Mrs. Emily Wolcott June 11, 2011 :)
  • emmy82087emmy82087 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    on the flower exchange you can get 100 stems in a box for $55 (not including shipping) and it comes out to be 55 cents for each stem...good deal!!
    Mrs. Emily Wolcott June 11, 2011 :)
  • flower_divaflower_diva member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    before you order from an online company , please ask your florist if they can get the same carnation for about $1 per stem.this is what you would be paying on line and it wouldn't have any shipping charges. I would be willing to bet that they can do this for you. And,all your carnations will match in variety and color. Each grower has different growing conditions,different varieties etc. and that equals different colors from grower to grower.

please support your local florist if at all possible.The majority of us will work with our brides when it comes to extra flowers.  By buying your flowers local you are supporting your local economy .

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards