South Carolina-Charleston

Wedding Ceremony/Reception @ Charleston Rental Home

My fiance and I would love to host our wedding/reception at a Charleston home.  Ideally, we would like to rent one for 3 to 4 days, in downtown Charleston or on the beach.  Any ideas/recommendations?  Thanks!!

Re: Wedding Ceremony/Reception @ Charleston Rental Home

• edited December 2011
    I'm guessing you are obviously hosting a wedding with a smaller guest list. For downtown Charleston- try checking VRBO.com or HomeAway.com. I don't know anyone personally who has rented a home in downtown Charleston. Also, beware of the noise ordinance in the city.

Check the same websites for surrounding beaches, as well as Avocet Properties and Fred Holland Realty. I'm sure if you google rentals for the area, you'll find other things as well. If you have questions about which beach- post back.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much, I just checked out Fred Holland Realty and it looks as if he has multiple wedding event homes.  Thanks again!
  • hull91hull91 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

What a great plan!  Not sure if you'll get it catered, but if you are looking for any type of servers, bartenders, or classical musicians, check out Black Tie Event Staffing.  www.blacktieeventstaffing.com.
    We used them for our rehearsal dinner/party - just hired 2 bartenders for the night, and used them again for our ceremony musicians - we had a flute/violin/cello combination and it was beautiful.  Good luck :)

• edited December 2011
    I love this idea.  We could rent for 2 nights.  One for rehearsal and the next for the wedding.  Fabulous!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards