Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Destination

I'm absolutely dying to have a destination wedding. I've been doing research for days trying to find a budget friendly resort, which seems impossible. Everything I've looked at is way out of my budget! Help please!!

Just some info...
Im open to almost anywhere with a beach.
I'm guessing there will be between twenty and thirty guest coming along.

Re: Destination

• Options
    What does budget friendly mean to you (what price range are you looking for)?

We chose our destination, PuntaCana DR, because it was relatively budget friendly for a destination wedding.  When we compared the cost of flight + all-inclusive resorts, it was one of the cheaper options.  Plus, the beaches are simply gorgeous!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Yes, Mexico, Jamaica, PuntaCana all  have some very reasonably priced options!  I am getting married in PuntaCana.  Mine is a five star-so a little more expensive-but there were many reasonably priced places-most with wedding packages!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    You should also check out the Sandals resorts.  They have many locations and have great packages.  You could also try tripadvisor.com to help you find something too.  Are you using a travel agent?  You might look in to Beachbum Vacations (I am using Hayley) or Destination Weddings.com  they can help you with locations and pricing as well as help your guests get everything booked.  Good luck and happy planning =)
    New bio with helpful info for DW knotties!
    Ashley & Josh ~ The Reef Resort ~ Grand Cayman~ May 15th 2010
    imageimage
  • Options
    Keep in mind that when you look at all inclusive resorts, the price you're looking at covers room, food, alcohol, and activities. I know it looks daunting at first but when you really look at what you're getting compared to if you were paying for all of those things seperately, usually it's a better deal. We're getting married in the states and my guests are probably going to end up paying more than if we had chosen an AI resort.
  • Options
    We chose St Thomas, USVI as it's a beachy destination without having anyone worry about passports etc. All our searches had plane tickets etc cheaper to get to St Thomas than Hawaii and the more we can save our guests the better!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards