Nebraska

Reception venues in Lincoln

I am looking to get married probably the beginning of next year.  We are not religious so I need to find a place that I can hopefully have the ceremony and reception at.  I originally wanted to go with wilderness ridge, but they require a minimum food and drink order of about $6000 and it's $750 to rent out their wedding island for the ceremony.  A little pricey to me, so I'm trying to come up with other places or ideas.  Here's what I have:Beacon Hills/Country Inn and suitesThe Villager (on O street--not sure if they still do weddings)CornhuskerEmbassy Suitesany other recommendations? Has anyone been to a wedding or just been to the Knolls?  Is it someplace that would work well?Thanks,Rhonda

Re: Reception venues in Lincoln

• edited December 2011
    I suggest the delray ballroom (www.thedelray.com). That's where we had our reception and it was absolutely beautiful. It's really not that expensive when you compare it to all the other reception places. And the wedding package includes the dj, bar service, all the set up and clean up, free champagne toast for the wedding party, dance lessons, all the tables and chairs and linens, rose bowls and votive candle holders for you to use if you want. And then you have 2 caterers to choose from. Premier Catering is amazing! I don't know about Annette's Catering because I've never had their food before. It was fantastic!
  • edited December 2011

We're getting married at HIllcrest Country Club. They are reasonably priced, have vases of all sorts you can use and their food minimum is very reasonable, i.e. you'll pretty much meet it no matter what because it's pretty low. You can also set up a ceremony on the green next to the building--I think you have to rent your own chairs, but they don't charge you extra to have the ceremony as far as I know.

We also looked at Hi-Mark, which was also very nice and affordable.

My FSIL had her reception at Chez Hay downtown and got a great deal at a bridal show, so I would keep an eye out for their specials. It's a great wedding space and the food is reeeeeally good.

And I want to say that I heard that The Villager went out of business and were trying to come back, but I could be totally wrong. :)

• edited December 2011
    I've been looking into Country Pines, a vineyard maybe 15 minutes away from the heart of Lincoln. From the website, everything looks BEAUTIFUL. The facility charges $1,000 for the day, but they have ceremony sites as well as a nice reception site. Everything would pretty much have to be outdoors, I think, but I was told via e-mail that they can put up tents if it rains. They are the exclusive caterers (not counting the cake, dessert, etc.), and they told me they could work to make the food affordable. (My fiance and I are both students, and we have to pay for the wedding ourselves, so this is important to us.) I'm copy-and-pasting their website address from my google search for you: www.countrypineslincoln.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards