Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Check out my invitations!

I added my invitations to my bio. Check them out, give me some constructive criticism!

Re: Check out my invitations!

• laura_fettlaura_fett member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I already noticed one thing I needed to change, in some parts I wrote MN and other Minnesota, I have now changed them all to Minnesota.
  • edited December 2011
    I like them!

Two quick things- I think you want a period at the top of your invite.  After the "today is the day...."

and then, to me at least, the reception card sounds funny with two "the"s.  What if you said "Please join us for a reception immediately following the ceremony." or something like that instead?  I know it's a small change.
  • edited December 2011
    I think there is something missing on your RSVP card: 'Kindly indicate whether the following ____ persons'     Should there be another word there?

I love the font and love the pocket!

On the invitation there may be an extra space between one and in in 'become one in marriage'
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_check-out-invitations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:47012be1-b721-4b85-86b0-358d5ad7439cPost:fd8c8720-cac8-4187-9cbc-c49b94324427">Re: Check out my invitations!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think there is something missing on your RSVP card: 'Kindly indicate whether the following ____ persons'     Should there be another word there? I love the font and love the pocket! On the invitation there may be an extra space between one and in in 'become one in marriage'
    Posted by kclepire[/QUOTE]

The ___ is where I put a number, so there's no confusion on how many people are invited. I'm not sure if that's how I'm going to keep it that way, but that was my idea of making sure they're aren't additional guests signed up, but what if only half the people invited are coming? Any ideas?
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_check-out-invitations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:47012be1-b721-4b85-86b0-358d5ad7439cPost:e790b243-3559-4425-a953-deaf916fa94a">Re: Check out my invitations!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like them! Two quick things- I think you want a period at the top of your invite.  After the "today is the day...." and then, to me at least, the reception card sounds funny with two "the"s.  What if you said "Please join us for a reception immediately following the ceremony." or something like that instead?  I know it's a small change.
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I put a period after that one the invites as well as on the reception card and changed it  to "our reception"
  • edited December 2011
    love the font and pockets very cute!
  • edited December 2011
    I really like your invites!  This was a DIY project, right?  Where did you find was the best or least expensive place to buy all of the paper & materials you used?
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_check-out-invitations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:47012be1-b721-4b85-86b0-358d5ad7439cPost:488ddb22-3a1b-462f-abeb-4c54048346f6">Re: Check out my invitations!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really like your invites!  This was a DIY project, right?  Where did you find was the best or least expensive place to buy all of the paper & materials you used?
    Posted by LaraA08[/QUOTE]

I bought all the paper and pockets from <a href="http://www.cardsandpockets.com/">www.cardsandpockets.com</a>. It was the cheapest I found, and had a high school friend that had used them and had a good experience. You can purchase samples for fairly cheap, so you know it will match your colors. They also have sales fairly regularly on their bulk paper, I would recommend buying the pre-cut paper, it seemed like a waste of money, and it's easier to print off an 8x11 1/2 anyway. It was really a lot of fun working on the formatting, finding the right fonts, and getting the right wordings, but it took a lot of work. It's never too early to start working on these types of invites! 
  • edited December 2011
    Just a few things - and please don't be offended - I just finished my own invites and have all of these things fresh in my mind:

* Switch "Eighteenth" to "eighteenth" (only capitalize proper nouns)
    * The only capital "T" in your year line should be the first T
    * Drop ZIP codes on invite & reception card (not necessary as people won't be sending mail to your venues)
    * Switch "Church" to "church" and "From" to "from" (not capital nouns) on your directions card
    * I'd consider switching the "M___" line to the line above "Kindly" - it flows a bit better, but I like your idea on the number of guests (Sad that people don't get that names on inner envelopes = people who are invited).
    * You could also switch the "Together with their parents" to the line above your names, and switch "Invite" to "invite"

Nice work on the DIY. That's a way bigger project than I can handle!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_check-out-invitations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:47012be1-b721-4b85-86b0-358d5ad7439cPost:14702051-7b5a-4860-a7e6-5b3e2c3f6b2d">Re: Check out my invitations!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just a few things - and please don't be offended - I just finished my own invites and have all of these things fresh in my mind: * Switch "Eighteenth" to "eighteenth" (only capitalize proper nouns) * The only capital "T" in your year line should be the first T * Drop ZIP codes on invite & reception card (not necessary as people won't be sending mail to your venues) * Switch "Church" to "church" and "From" to "from" (not capital nouns) on your directions card * I'd consider switching the "M___" line to the line above "Kindly" - it flows a bit better, but I like your idea on the number of guests (Sad that people don't get that names on inner envelopes = people who are invited). * You could also switch the "Together with their parents" to the line above your names, and switch "Invite" to "invite" Nice work on the DIY. That's a way bigger project than I can handle!
    Posted by beka0404[/QUOTE]

No, not offended at all! That is what I wanted, some constructive criticism! Thanks, I'll make those changes!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards