Not Engaged Yet
Options

Good, Bad, and Uglies

This week...

The Good

1) My friend was the runner up of Project Runway last night! :O I'm so ridiculously happy for him, I could scream.

2) I got to go to a talk by Richard Dreyfuss on Wednesday night. That guy is one of my childhood heroes (I love you, Matt Hooper!!!). Jaws is a major reason why I became a marine biologist, so it was a huge thrill to hear him talk.

3) Another one of my friends is going to a Playboy Mansion party this weekend. I love when she goes to these things, because her updates and play-by-plays are hi-larious.

4) It's Halloween weekend...ie. the second best time of year besides Christmas. I'm seriously looking forward to some good eats, some good drinks, and catching up with friends.

5) It's one more week closer to February. :D

The Bad

1) I think I'm catching whatever the hell Rickylee's got. Stuffy nose, cough, sore throat, exhausted as all hell. Either whatever she's got is air-transmittable, or we gave each other mono. Somehow the latter sounds way funnier.

2) My students are driving me up a friggin wall the last two weeks. Seriously, how hard is it to read an email and follow basic directions?!?

3) Despite going to the talk by Richard Dreyfuss, I didn't actually get to meet him. Which was a bummer. Still fantastic to get to hear him talk, but meeting him, or even just shaking his hand, would have been such a huge thrill.

4) I definitely accidentally dropped my cell phone in the toilet and fried it last week. It was insured, thankfully, but I still had to pay a $100 "deductible" to get it replaced. Balls. I've also had to spend the last week reinstalling all my apps and getting it set back up to how it was before. Considering that my phone is pretty much my point of sanity, with how crazy our schedules are, it's been driving me crazy and I've been forgetting about stuff left and right.

The Ugly

1) I'm having horrible shin splints. Seriously horrible. I can walk okay enough when I'm on level ground (it hurts, but it's tolerable hurt). I can barely get up and down stairs, or walk on an incline, without it feeling like I'm walking on broken bones. It's driving me crazy. I just want to work out, for f*ck's sake.

2) My great uncle passed away this week after multiple strokes. He was 93, and he lived a full life, so I am thankful for that. I'm also thankful he passed in his sleep, rather than having to be on tubes and ventilators at that age. I feel terribly for my grandfather though...the two of them fought in WWII together and were incredibly close.

So, what's your good, bad, and uglies for the week, ladies?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

Re: Good, Bad, and Uglies

• Options
    edited December 2011
    WTF JOSH????????????????????????????? I peed myself!

ETA:Sorry for my momentary freak-out I'm a PR whore! lol If it was Viktor, I'm still excited. lol I just really loved Josh.

I'm sorry to hear about your great uncle! That's so sad, but at least he lived a long life. I hope your grandfather is able to manage well. 

Do you have you shins wrapped? Probably a dumb question, but if you wrap the good and tight with an ace bandage it seems to help the pain. Also whenever you can switch ice and heat to relax the muscles and ease the pain. Aleve is also a life saver in this situations
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I have missed you dear, I am glad you are back :)
    EDIT: and I am sorry about your uncle.  Did you know him well?  I bet he had great stories.  Hope your shins feel better soon.

The Good:

I got to go to San fran and see all my venue options.

I got to cuddle and read with FI last night

I am not getting laid off next week

I got some good BFF time

I rocked my German Test.

I get to do different things now for my job.

The Bad:

I wasn’t in love with any of the venues.

FI didn’t wake me up for the Earthquake. :( I missed it!

I procrastinated and didn’t finish my French project.

My French project is due next week

I still haven’t gotten a quote from one of the venues.

The Ugly:

When I went to one venue the owner spend the WHOLE time (a hour) talking to my BFF in Russian and would NOT let her translate for me.  It was so so so frustrating. 

I still don’t know when I am getting laid off.

My abusive boss might be coming back soon.

I have to go through conflict management. 

I hate wedding planning.

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_good-bad-uglies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7559acf9-c6d2-4b32-a0a5-cb1488caf464Post:58f0f3f4-2ae2-41f1-a2c0-b1d483d10834">Re: Good, Bad, and Uglies</a>:
    [QUOTE]WTF JOSH????????????????????????????? I peed myself! ETA:Sorry for my momentary freak-out I'm a PR whore! lol If it was Viktor, I'm still excited. lol I just really loved Josh. I'm sorry to hear about your great uncle! That's so sad, but at least he lived a long life. I hope your grandfather is able to manage well.  Do you have you shins wrapped? Probably a dumb question, but if you wrap the good and tight with an ace bandage it seems to help the pain. Also whenever you can switch ice and heat to relax the muscles and ease the pain. Aleve is also a life saver in this situations
    Posted by CCO2012[/QUOTE]

LOL, yeah, Josh. We grew up together, went through school together and everything. I'm so proud of him, it's ridiculous.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I want his black gown that went after the jumpsuit... But I know I could never afford it. Oh wells! At least now I can say I know someone who is friends with Josh!!!!

Laura is from my city and I am looking forward to meeting her after I get my ring. She makes custom wedding dresses :) (ok no more talk about  this, she could quit designing by then.)
  • Options
    sparkles88sparkles88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Good:
    1. Apparently, my eyesight has improved. My contact lens strength went down at my optometrist appointment yesterday.
    2. I got some extra hours at work this week.
    3. I asked for next weekend off to go to a powerlifting meet in Dallas with BF, and my boss gave me a 3 day weekend!

The Bad:
    1. I got extra hours because my coworker called in sick for like the 10th time in the 2-3 months we have worked there. It's starting to irk me that she is the one with a full time position, but I'm part time. I feel like I'm perpetually unable to enjoy my time off, because I'll never know when they need me at work.

The Ugly:
    1. My cats had tapeworms. They shouldn't have worms, because they're on a flea and worm prevention med, and it's expensive! I'm going to call the company and see about this money-back guarantee. I'm not happy.

• Options
    tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_good-bad-uglies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7559acf9-c6d2-4b32-a0a5-cb1488caf464Post:e7e00ef3-5d68-4b7c-b117-8fa0ad1b774c">Good, Bad, and Uglies</a>:
    [QUOTE]This week... The Good 1) My friend was the runner up of Project Runway last night! :O I'm so ridiculously happy for him, I could scream.
    [/QUOTE]

OMG that is so awesome. I was seriously dissapointed when he didn't win last night - and have been rooting for him from the start. I really hope he gets some recognition through this all. Wishing him the best :)

The good : I have successfully started working out daily and using sparkpeople.com have lost 4lbs and feel much better. I have also cut out all soda and have resisted temptation all day yesterday when surrounded by cakes , pies and candy in the office.

The bad : My best friend is moving and I can't get off work to see her one last time. She was a BM at our wedding and she always has been so awesome to hubby and I , it will be so different without her around , but I know this move will make her happy so I am trying to remember Colorado isn't so far.

The ugly : I got a rude awakening by many punds at the door and doorbell ringing yesterday. Apartment manager and maintence yeling at me "Inspection". I questioned this because we receieved no notice. They claimed they gave it out Monday and demanded entry. I gave in but told my husband and we found out they were in the wrong and basically bullied their way in. My husband is handling it and it hasn't been pretty for them.
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Good: DD has been doing an amazing job in school. She can do simple addition and subtraction already and can read most 2, 3 and 4 letter words. I think her school is amazing. She turns 5 in January. Bad: On Wednesday I had 4 moles removed, 2 on my face, one on my chest and shoulder. I almost got sick after the first three because of the cauterization. I almost got sick and I felt like I was going to pass out. The smell was horrible. I should find out the results if they're cancerous or not in about a week. Ugly: The marks let from the mole removals. The ones on my face aren't too bad, but the other two look gross. It looks like huge chunks of skin are missing, then burned. Yuck.
    I'm not good at feelings.

• Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_good-bad-uglies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7559acf9-c6d2-4b32-a0a5-cb1488caf464Post:d57ba386-9a4b-4977-9032-97eefe39d819">Re: Good, Bad, and Uglies</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good: <strong>DD has been doing an amazing job in school. She can do simple addition and subtraction already and can read most 2, 3 and 4 letter words. I think her school is amazing. She turns 5 in January.</strong> Bad: On Wednesday I had 4 moles removed, 2 on my face, one on my chest and shoulder. I almost got sick after the first three because of the cauterization. I almost got sick and I felt like I was going to pass out. The smell was horrible. I should find out the results if they're cancerous or not in about a week. Ugly: The marks let from the mole removals. The ones on my face aren't too bad, but the other two look gross. It looks like huge chunks of skin are missing, then burned. Yuck.
    Posted by AudgiePodge[/QUOTE]
    Your DD is a badass.  No surprise though because she is your kid!  Ick about your moles though *hugs*
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_good-bad-uglies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7559acf9-c6d2-4b32-a0a5-cb1488caf464Post:22ea5636-b88d-470a-9ac3-03ec19c728d8">Re: Good, Bad, and Uglies</a>:
    [QUOTE] My cats had tapeworms. They shouldn't have worms, because they're on a flea and worm prevention med, and it's expensive! I'm going to call the company and see about this money-back guarantee. I'm not happy.
    Posted by sparkles88[/QUOTE]

<div>Eugh.  At one point, every animal in my house (two cats and a dog) had those.  It was so gross.  It makes me gag just thinking about it.</div><div>
    </div><div>Good news, though, is that they're easy to get rid of.</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Audgie, your DD is a total badass. It's nice to see that the school you have her in is giving her a solid, quality education that young.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good:
    Ditto Liv; it's Friday!

BF and I are going to a horse ranch on Saturday to talk about taking lessons- I'm super excited! I had to give my horse up when I went to college and he never learned.

Bad:
    My grandpa figure's funeral is also on Saturday, and too far away for me to attend.

Ugly:
    My father told me he doesn't think he can ever be friends with BF. My father is a jerk.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aw, I'm glad everyone has good things this week. :)

Good:

1. NEY Related:  I feel like I'm posting more (because I am), because we all kind of had that cometojeezus thing this week, and I feel more comfortable with everyone.  And, Oceana's back.  Which I love because she makes me pee my pants I laugh so hard.

2. I'm painting my bedroom today.  There's photographic evidence coming this evening.  Or tomorrow.

3.  Halloween costume is almost finished. :)

4.  I got a Dr. appt for next week.  Finally.  I have health insurance and will have BC ASAP.

5.  In 62 days I'm leaving to see Elle (potentially) and then off to start my internship!!!

Bad:

1. I'm exhausted.

2. My period is stalking me.  Not like Mother Nature shows up when she's supposed to stalking, but rather the "let's wait for the WORST POSSIBLE MOMENT and then grab her when she's down a dark alley" stalking.  Bitch.

Ugly:

1. If my father doesn't learn to chew with his mouth closed and blow his nose, I might actually kill him.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, ladies.

I'm sorry about your uncle, Oceana.  Hugs
    I'm not good at feelings.

• Options
    csousa1csousa1 member
    edited December 2011

I'm sorry about your great uncle, Oceana. How are you feeling about it? I hope your shins feel better soon!!

The Good

- It's Friday - wooo!!
     - It's looking like we will be going to Newport for my BFF's bachelorette, which I think will actually end up cheaper than a party bus in Boston
     - I get to see my mommy and sis tonight!
     - BF didn't have to work an overnight last night, so I got a much better night's sleep than I was anticipating.
     - I'm in an extraordinarily good mood today.

The Bad

- It's supposed to snow - a decent amount - tomorrow night, which ruins my plans :(
     - I'm not doing much of anything for Halloween - for the third year in a row.
     - For the past three days I have started feeling queasy in the afternoon, and it's uncomfortable.
     - I had to turn down drinks with the bestie later because I already had plans.

The Ugly

- I have exactly 50 days to fit in a bridesmaid's dress that I have not tried on yet, and I am fairly certain is a size too small.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The Good:
    I finally got a call from one of the 25+ places I've applied to in Maine for a job & have a phone/video conference call on Monday.
    BF got a major raise at work yesterday, and we figured out what we're going to get most of the family for Christmas.
    He also told me he's saving for the "toaster" he's getting me for Christmas. (I've never gotten around to buying a toaster. I don't think he's getting me a toaster. Nor do I think it's a ring.)

The Bad:
    Work is so seriously crazy from now until the beginning of December, I don't know how I can possibly tell my boss that I have a phone interview, or that if I get offered a job, I will be leaving.
    The job is in Maine, but would be a slight pay cut. BF told me he would support me no matter what, because getting to be closer to family is the most important thing. Plus Maine is cheaper.

The Ugly:
    My apartment is seriously disgusting, and if I don't clean it soon I'm going to have a nervous breakdown. I will be at work late tonight, all day tomorrow and most of Sunday. I need a full day for a serious fall cleaning spree.

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oceana- I'm not showing you my uglies.

We've talked about this. Gosh!
  • Options
    csousa1csousa1 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_good-bad-uglies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:7559acf9-c6d2-4b32-a0a5-cb1488caf464Post:849205de-645d-4e12-99f1-8ca1f61abdf6">Re: Good, Bad, and Uglies</a>:
    [QUOTE]I still haven't figured out what to get my dad for his 70th birthday. He asked me to renew his Sports Illustrated subscription, which I got him last year, but come ON...he's turning 70! He seriously doesn't want anything but to spend time with me, BF, and mom, <strong>but I need to think of a kickass gift and think of it before the 6th</strong>. Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

BF's dad's birthday is the same day!!

If he wants time with you guys, what about taking him to a really nice dinner all together? I don't know how much money you are looking to spend, but maybe a night at a B&B with your mom would be a good gift for him?

I'm sorry about all the other crappy stuff going on, though :( I'm sending vibes for your grandma.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_good-bad-uglies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7559acf9-c6d2-4b32-a0a5-cb1488caf464Post:0a916ac1-9a3f-4481-a5b5-73f62b522745">Re: Good, Bad, and Uglies</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oceana- I'm not showing you my uglies. We've talked about this. Gosh!
    Posted by hetshup[/QUOTE]

You will if I ply you with margaritas first.

• Options
    Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry about your Great Uncle Oceana, hugs!

Audgie, your daughter is a little superstar! She's only 5? You've got a smart little girl on your hands :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_good-bad-uglies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7559acf9-c6d2-4b32-a0a5-cb1488caf464Post:cb6c0a05-70c7-4c44-89d3-0e07027df1e2">Re: Good, Bad, and Uglies</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks, ladies. I'm sorry about your uncle, Oceana.  Hugs
    Posted by AudgiePodge[/QUOTE]

Thanks hon. I'm more sad for my grandfather than anything else, considering how close they were. I'm just thankful that he got to live a very full life, and went rather quickly and peacefully after the strokes. I would hate for anyone in that condition to suffer.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The Good-
    Sweeney Todd opens tonight
    Halloween party this weekend
    time to sleep in
    The Bad-
    I may be getting sick I can't tell
    I am beyond exhausted
    it may snow this weekend
    The Ugly
    none really I am pretty grateful for that

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    EDIT: I'm sorry for the loss of your uncle but at least he didn't die a painful death and died with his dignity in tact. I hope you'll be ok.

Good

1) I'm home visiting my family for 10 days which means, no work this week! :)

2) My mom and I have turned into shopaholics for the past couple of days.

3) I'm enjoying being in hot weather finally after leaving cold Canada.

Bad

1) My nephew was really shy when I went to go visit him and barely wanted to speak to me. :(

2) I'm going to be pretty much broke when I return home.

Uglies

1) I'm missing my boyfriend like crazy right now after being away from him for 7 days straight.

2) I have to go back to work this week and I'll be missing Halloween cause I'll be too busy catching flights all day Monday.
    "Love is more than an emotion, it is a verb you must choose to do everyday." Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    The Good:
    - tomorrow is only ONE WEEK until my wedding!

The Bad:
    - I got the worst phone call of my life last night.  From my FI's phone, the fire department called me telling me that FI was in an accident on his motorcycle and they were taking him to the ER in an ambulance.  He was only going about 20 mph at the time, so he's mostly fine, but he did dislocate his right shoulder.

The Ugly:
    - FI will be in a sling for 6-8 weeks, so that includes our wedding day and our HM.  We will have to cancel a lot of the activities we had planned for the HM, but he's okay, so that's all that matters.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    edited December 2011
    OMG Jemmi that is terrifying.  I am so glad he is ok.  *hugs*  Anything left to do for the wedding?

Married! May 27th, 2012

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards