Honeymoon Discussions

Secrets St. James?

Does anyone have any feedback or opinion about Secrets St. James?  My fiance and I are looking at both it and Sandals Whithouse.  I have heard wonderful things about Whitehouse but no real feedback about Secrets.  We are not big drinkers and do not want to be around a lot of wild crazy partiers.  We want to relax and eat and sun! Any info, testimonials or suggestions would be great!  Thank you ahead of time!  FYI-We are going the first part of July 2012

Re: Secrets St. James?

• We were trying to decide between the 2 as well- back in September of 2010.  We've stayed at other Secrets/Dreams in the past and really enjoyed them- but our travel agent and the reviews on Tripadvisor were still very inconsistent to really persuade us to do St. James.  We ended up doing Whitehouse which was amazing.  It is really secluded and has a really long beach.  (We went back to Jamaica this summer and stayed at the Grande Riviera and LOVED that.)
    Seeing how close the Secrets are to the airport and how much we enjoyed our trip to the 2 Sandals there, really made me feel good about my decision.  But I have heard wonderful things about St. James since then. 
    We have a great, young travel agent that does Jamaica travel all the time.  She is in DC (we are in NYC but has never been a problem).  If you want her info, shoot me a PM.  Good luck- I'm sure they are both awesome options!
  • cmgefertcmgefert member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    FI and I just booked our honeymoon for Secrets St. James for July 2012! It looks amazing! Reviews and user pictures on tripadvisor.com ultimately made our decision!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards