African American Weddings

Not Having a Good Day

Today it really hit me that my dad won't be here with me on one of the most important days of my life. I had a mini meltdown at my desk and then my eyes started burning bc of my mascara....so I stopped. LOL.
image180 Made the cut!
image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
image 7 Found something else to do
image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image

Re: Not Having a Good Day

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_not-having-a-good-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:420b3464-ca38-403e-a32b-8e5e49884a45Post:98190032-7a3b-4f51-a22f-e6104e1e909c">Not Having a Good Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]Today it really hit me that my dad won't be here with me on one of the most important days of my life. I had a mini meltdown at my desk and then my eyes started burning bc of my mascara....so I stopped. LOL.
    Posted by MrsSmith2Be02[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>aww *hugs* you will get through it... i will be in that boat soon myself 

</div>
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sorry he wont be there physically... BUT your daddy will be there with you... I believe he will make his presence known on that day..

HUGS... you can get through it.. there is nothing wrong with a GOOD OL' CRY

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm sorry. He will defiantly be there in spirit!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Aww.. HUGGS Morg.. He will be with you in spirit... Are you doing some type of lighting a memorial candle in his honor?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hugs
    click here to view our Amazing Love wedding website Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_not-having-a-good-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:420b3464-ca38-403e-a32b-8e5e49884a45Post:98190032-7a3b-4f51-a22f-e6104e1e909c">Not Having a Good Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]Today it really hit me that my dad won't be here with me on one of the most important days of my life. I had a mini meltdown at my desk and then my eyes started burning bc of my mascara....so I stopped. LOL.
    Posted by MrsSmith2Be02[/QUOTE]

I understand.  My dad passed away in 1999 we never really had a relationship. I was 23 at the time and actually hadn't seen or spoke to him since I was 6.  We lived in the same state and everything.  I didn't go to the funeral because he was like a stranger to me.  I had a melt down a little over a week ago too.  I thought I was stupid to be sad that a man I hardly knew or had a relationship with wasn't going to be at my wedding.  My FI told me I wasn't being stupid.  He said all the right things and then I felt better. So I know how you feel.  I hope you feel better now. (((Hugs))
    **I am getting married to Mr. Wonderful on 11/3/2012**
  • Thanks ladies! Yes, it was really wierd how it hit me and there was nothing that reminded me of him or anything. I am having a memorial candle lit during the ceremony and I will be having a long stemmed rose and program layed on the program where he would have been sitting next to my mom.
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards