Maine

Paper flower trial, what do you think?

Re: Paper flower trial, what do you think?

• edited December 2011
    I love them! Great job! Where will they be going?
  • edited December 2011
    They are beautiful! You are very talented! I like the gems in the middle. How did you get those to attach? I may have to steal this and try and duplicate! :) Did you use the Martha Stewart directions?

I think it could be cute if you added some little branches or even cut some green paper to look like thin leaves to add a little bit of color. But really they are great the way they are!

I took your advice on the ones I was making and made them fuller, and twisted three together to make a cute little pomander. It's not 100% round, but I kind of like the destructured look, I think. Pictures in bio.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    They are super cute!  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    They look great!  I really like the way they look in the red vase.
  • schadbourneschadbourne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks everyone, its just a trial and the begining of my fun but i like em a lot and im sure i will use them. I have been collecting red, clear and white vases my goal is less than 2 dollars for each vase (i have found a good amount at goodwill, biglots, target antique/thrift stores and i am getting soo excited about yard sale season!!) i am planning on using all of these mis matched vases in little groups as centerpieces with at least partly these  tissue paper flowers. I was thinking of ordering some red roses for the white vases im also considering using my larger clear and red vases with twigs or branches (dark ones--my colors are black, white and red) and tieing on these flowers to a couple places on the twigs. Im also considering making partial bouqets with these-- like using mostly tissue paper flowers and put real flowers in with it, or silks, or a variation on the baseball rose (we are having slight baseball touches because my fiance is a huge sox fan and baseball in general) google baseballrose we ordered one and we are hoping that we can make some ourselves more like a flower. I am just at the beginging so im not sure i will be making lots of test and trials and posting them here for you ladies to critque

i used wire to add the beads, i wrapped it around the center of the flower before bringing the layers up. I took a piece of wire mayb 6 or 7 inces long put one bead in the middle and twisted the wire then put another bead one of the ends of wire and bent it about in half of course eye balling where the bead should go and twisted the wrie down then did the same with the 3 bead. I will post instruction pictures if you want just let me know
     -- i never thought of leaves, i will try some made of paper and mayb some real ones too
    --min min i will look at your bio once i post this

there are so many variations of tissue paper flowers they are so great and so inexpensive!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh and minmin i have seen martha stuwart directions but i cant remember if they are the same my mom and i have been making them for years, so i just had to experiment with size and layers---i should really put up a planning bio so i can put directions or something

on that note--this may be something stupid on my end but i how do i look at your bio?
  • edited December 2011
    All your ideas sound really great! I like the idea of tying the flowers onto branches. I have a couple pictures like that that are cute:

Also, there's a link to my bio in my signature, so at the bottom of my post, after the picture of the cake serving set, it says "My bio!"

Anniversary
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha thats funny i have those exact pictures saved for inspiration!!

--im mad i dont see the my bio link--i will figure it out eventuly...ugh haha
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yayy i figured it out i didnt have the box checked that says "show user signatures" so now i can see your bio : )
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards