Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Use Engagement Pics for Save the Dates or Not?

I am waiting to take our Engagement Pictures until Fall, or would like to anyways. I know we need to send out save the dates very soon, so should I go ahead with the engagment pics so we can have them for the save the dates, or just create save the dates and do the engagement pics later?

Re: Use Engagement Pics for Save the Dates or Not?

• Options
    em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your page says your date is Feb 18. Is this still right? Currently you are at the 8 month mark, and they say 6-9 months generally for STDs, so you do have some time if you want to wait on the E-Pics, but probably not until fall if you'd like the pics on the STDs. 

Why don't you have your Fall E-pics on your invitations? I would only stay away from this if your wedding is formal and you plan to do traditional invites. You can also put your E-Pics on your wedding website, wedding announcements (after the wedding), and on any photocards or thank you cards you do. 

If you really want your E-Pics on your STDs, then I'd suggest taking them now. It's hot though, so I get why you might want to wait! 

April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Options
    Emily52513Emily52513 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How early do you think is too early for engagement photos? My wedding is not until May 2013 but we are engaged! Thoughts?
  • Options
    chrissyinatlchrissyinatl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used a picture from our engagement weekend.  We were in NYC when we got engaged (a surprise to me!), it was vacation so we had tons of casual photos to pick from.  We sent our Save the Dates out at about the 9 month mark, I think?

We're planning to do our Engagement Photos in the Fall (we're getting married in November).  I'm going to use the Engagement Photos at the wedding, maybe make a Guest Sign In book or something with them...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_use-engagement-pics-save-dates-not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:2c39d902-7aa9-41c2-b157-9b75897b7506Post:0aadece4-dd7d-4a07-abd1-3566207fc814">Re: Use Engagement Pics for Save the Dates or Not?</a>:
    [QUOTE]How early do you think is too early for engagement photos? My wedding is not until May 2013 but we are engaged! Thoughts?
    Posted by Emily52513[/QUOTE]

<div>I would do an engagement announcement of some kind. Just a little something in the newspaper or a simple card that just says, "We're engaged!!" with no wedding information on it, since so much can change between now and then. </div><div>
    </div><div>Most people say 6-9 months, but I'd say at a year would be ok. So much can happen between now and then regarding your plans, even though you don't want to hear that right now. Wait a little longer to finalize your plans, mainly where the wedding will be and just in case you have any need to change your date. Get at least your officiant and ceremony/reception venue booked first,  and maybe your caterer and entertainment too. You'd hate to have to change your date and make new STDs because the band or DJ you wanted is booked on your date. </div><div>
    </div><div>People will forget or lose them if you send them any earlier. I know you are excited but I think a lot of people would be like, um, that's over a year and a half away...</div><div>
    </div>
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Options
    Emily52513Emily52513 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! I'll start planning for save the dates before the end of the year then :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards