Getting in Shape
Options

SparkPeople

Hi everyone! I am fairly new to the concept of losing weight and working out... so far I've lost 5 lbs. and I'd like to lose 10 more. Has anyone ever used SparkPeople? I was thinking about giving it a try and wanted to know if anyone has had success with it?

Thanks!

Re: SparkPeople

• Options
    A lot of people really like Sparkpeople and have had some great success with it. 

Personally, I prefer The Daily Plate over on Livestrong.com, but that's just a personal preference!
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I also use the daily plate for tracking calories, but I use sparkpeople for recipes too
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have tried sparkpeople and daily plate.  Personally, I prefer sparkpeople, but both are excellent sites, free to use, and do  the exact same thing.  I use sparkpeople to count my calories.  I think it overestimates how much you burn during exercise, so i stopped using it to track exercise.  It's a fast easy way to keep your food diary and I totally recommend it for that.
  • Options
    I use SparkPeople and love it!  I definitely recommend it!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Sparkpeople is great.....but the daily plate is MUCH better for tracking food. I love sparkpeople for the support of a whole lot of other people trying to do the same thing. There are also a lot of healthy, yummy recipes. Best of luck!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I just joined The Daily Plate today and am already so impressed with the food tracking! They have EVERYTHING already in their system!

I had a Spark People before and never used it...I love the support you get over here at GIS and then with the tracking at TDP, it's perfect!
  • Options
    I love sparkpeople.. I find it very easy to use. I've lost about 15lbs so far using it!  It's free, so you've got nothing to lose by trying it out - I say go for it! I've never tried the daily plate, so I can't compare..

I don't find it overestimates calories burned for running/walking (it says I burn about 200 calories for every 3 miles, which I think is reasonable), but I do find it overestimates for other exercises. I find it really hard to believe that 45 minutes of horseback riding burns 3x more calories than 45 minutes of running!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards