Latino Weddings

Peruvian and american wedding

Im getting married next year and my fiance is from Peru. Im from the u.s.
What are some good traditions that are peruvian...the only oe ive found that is dfferent the the ribbon in the cake.  if any peruvian brides or brides to be have any other good ideas...please private message me what you think will be good ideas..
thanks!!

Re: Peruvian and american wedding

• Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Sorry no clue, FI's Ecuadorian and I'm half, though we're not going with too many traditions anyway. Try asking his family, they could probably help you out and give you a few ideas. Good luck!
  • Cynthia1207Cynthia1207 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm with Nati on this one.  Best guess is to ask his family.  Even if there are traditions maybe his family doesn't do them so it's always better to ask before.

AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    hey, 
    I know this is a bit older of a post. I am half peruvian (other half canadian) and I am marrying an irishman! 
    my venue has no liquor license and so we are going to provide our own liquor. we will be getting pisco for pisco sours at the reception. 
    my mom is actually going to be in peru for christmas (she lives in philadelphia here).  I am hoping to get something for a favor, like a peruvian handmade craft. not sure what it will be. 
    also, maybe think about music? I just watched a video of a wedding of a family friend (I was in the video and was about 8 years old).  there was a song that they danced to for their first dance was supposedly very "typical". I can ask my mom what it was. 

good luck and if you find anything else out post on here! 
    Nat
  • edited December 2011
    I'm peruvian and marrying an American. I'm using a peruvian band for music that plays a range of genres of music. I'm also attempting to get table cloths from Peru that are decorated in Peruvian style. My family is going to make 'chicha' a classic peruvian drink. 
  • edited December 2011
    I am full peruvian getting married to an Irish man!

some of the traditions that we have are yes the cake and strings which i wont be doing..maybe i will do it in a bridal shower but i think too messy for the reception.

the money dance we do. also you can incorporate some peruvian Classic music!...or have a couple dance the famous "marinera" or " festejo" both traditional dances in peru.

also what i am having as dessert or party favors not sure are " alfajores" if you havent tried it, its a MUST.

my party favors are being made out there as well. Its cheaper :)

other than that its all pretty much the same jsut try to add little details that are significant for guests to know its peruvian.

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the input!!! its helped me alot and ill definantly be using some of the ideas..ithink this will work well!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_latino-weddings_peruvian-american-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:680Discussion:ba061b2b-02c8-44e0-91de-5c955ecef90cPost:c3a028ce-6866-40cf-9d27-e0349cfe9278">Re: Peruvian and american wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am full peruvian getting married to an Irish man! some of the traditions that we have are yes the cake and strings which i wont be doing..maybe i will do it in a bridal shower but i think too messy for the reception. the money dance we do. also you can incorporate some peruvian Classic music!...or have a couple dance the famous "marinera" or " festejo" both traditional dances in peru. also what i am having as dessert or party favors not sure are " alfajores" if you havent tried it, its a MUST. my party favors are being made out there as well. Its cheaper :) other than that its all pretty much the same jsut try to add little details that are significant for guests to know its peruvian. Good luck!
    Posted by kisf0rkat[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>May I ask what the money dance is?  I'm trying to incorporate Peruvian aspects into my future wedding as well!

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards