August 2012 Weddings

wedding friday, and I came down with strep

Well, the nightmare we have all imagined has actually come true for me. Sunday while visiting with my parents and family to celebrate birthdays, I felt crummy and ended up sleeping in a back room the whole day. Woke up yesterday morning with a list of about 30 things to do, and ended up with a temperature of 102.1 and unable to swallow instead. 

Had my cousin take me to the doctor since DF couldn't get out of work (I was not happy about that). Doctor said she thinks its strep and gave me three shots. One sterioids, one antibiotics, and one b12. She said stay in bed until the wedding. 

I have loads of people coming in for the wedding and a million and one things to do!!! I have no idea what I can do to make all this stuff happen. I am reaching out to my bm's, and they are doing as much as possible. 

I never thought this would really happen. Almost 33 years I have been dreaming of this day, and now It might all be compromised. 

Well, atleast everyone else will have fun, which does make me feel a little better. 

What am I supposed to do about all the hugs and kisses? I don't want to give anyone else strep?

I told my fiance to keep his sick daughters away this week. Kind of hard I guess since theyn think I am their personal jungle gym lol. I had a feeling after they visited Wednesnday this might happen. 

Re: wedding friday, and I came down with strep

• Aww I am so sorry hun!! Thats terrible, I hope you start feeling better soon! Keep everyone away from you yes even the hubby except maybe your mom or someone to take care of you. And just accept any and all help you can get! Plan lots of extra time on the wedding day for you to just rest, maybe do pictures first then leave time for you to catnap on a chair or something. I am so sorry, the doctors can't give you anything for the day of that won't knock you out or give you some energy?
  • The good news is 48 hours of antibiotics is usually enough to be non-contagious, so you won't have to worry about giving it to your guests.  Also, you will likely start feeling better by Friday, though you won't be 100%!

Sorry to hear you're sick!  Rest a lot, drink lots of fluids, and get antibiotics ASAP!

Anniversary

• I can't read this post, (don't know why, but only rhe comments box comes up). I woke up today with a scratchy chest and throat and a cough as well as an achy body. I took Mucinex D but it's not helping... Fingers crossed that we all get beetter before Saturday!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_wedding-friday-and-i-came-down-with-strep?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:f44c266a-d21e-4c55-bd2a-c75ed5b9d390Post:5ac163bc-5c63-4724-b5c0-55309212dd7d">Re: wedding friday, and I came down with strep</a>:
    [QUOTE]The good news is 48 hours of antibiotics is usually enough to be non-contagious, so you won't have to worry about giving it to your guests.  Also, you will likely start feeling better by Friday, though you won't be 100%! Sorry to hear you're sick!  Rest a lot, drink lots of fluids, and get antibiotics ASAP!
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]
    Calindi,
       Actually with strep throat you are not contageous after 24hrs on antibiotics.  Also, if it is strep, you are only contageous through your mouth and coughing, so just try to be careful around your FI. 
    PersonalMilestone Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards