Ohio-Cincinnati

Bridal and Formal?

Hi ladies. 
I'm going to start looking for wedding dresses next week and I'm not so thrilled about the idea of being in a big room with a whole lot of half naked girls.  I'd really like to stick to places with dressing rooms.  Does Bridal and Formal have dressing rooms or just a big open space? Any recommendations about other places?

Re: Bridal and Formal?

• edited December 2011
    Bridal and Formal has a big open space but they also have 2 private rooms with curtains and you can ask to use one of those. I did.

Fabulous Bridal has very nice private rooms. Actually, I haven't been anywhere except B&F with a big communal dressing space.
  • edited December 2011
    It's best to go to Bridal and Formal in the afternoon during the week.  Any place you go, no matter, where you go is extra crowded on the weekends and evenings.  To get the best experience anywhere just go during this time.  I had a large room at Bridal and Formal, but I was the only person in it because I went on a Tuesday afternoon. When I went back to get measured I did use one of their private rooms....so yes they do have them.
  • onlymelsonlymels member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress from there and they took me right to a private room.
  • edited December 2011
    Ciincinnati Bride is right across the street from them also.  When I looked I went to both to maximize my visit to the Bridal District.  Bridal and Formal does have wide open rooms(as well as two private) but I took a day off and went during the weekl and I was the only one in there.  As for Cincinnati Bride, they have private rooms.
  • edited December 2011
    Cincinnati Bride, Fabulous Bridal and European Bride have dressing rooms. If you go to Bridal and Formal during the weekday at night... it's much better and less chaotic. They are busy, but they have the largest selection of dresses.
  • dschuck23dschuck23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I totally have to agree with everyone.   I went to Bridal and Formal during the weekend to get my dress because there was a trunk show and I wanted a good deal.  It was crazy!!!  I went last night to get one of my bridesmaids fitted for her dress and there was no one there!  I had just started a new job so it was going to be too hard to get off but if you can do it I HIGHLY recommend it!!
  • edited December 2011
    I love bridal and formal. I am self concious too and when I went to try on dresses they happily let me use the private room. Regrettibly I ended up buying at Wendys (DO NOT GO THERE) They are horrific. I wish I wouldnt have bought my dress there
  • edited December 2011
    The open space really isn't as bad as you might think. Everyone's pretty well covered with the corset things; besides, they're more worried about their own shopping anyway, and you can look around and see how everyone looks in their dresses. I found my dream dress because the girl next to me tried it on. Plus, it's good for a lot of affirmation from strangers as to how your dress looks. I felt like all of us half-naked brides-to-be were a family by the end of the experience.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards