April 2012 Weddings

Flower girl gift?

Hi everyone,

My wedding is April 28 and I'm still trying to find some sort of small fun gift for my flower girl. She's my fiance's 7 year old niece, she's Australian, and when I last saw her (when she was 4) she was super inter princesses. Her mother and I have only met a couple times and I'd rather not have to ask her - I'd rather find something awesome on my own (well, with your help...)! Any thoughts?? What do little girls like these days? When I was her age I would have just wanted Star Trek toys, so that's not super helpful...
image 122 Invited
image 77 Are ready to party!
image 45 Are missing out!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Flower girl gift?

• My neice is the same age and she is very into barbies, there is a really cute barbie set at target that is a bride and groom, we gave her that for her birthday last year and she Loved it. This time I got her some jewlery and a makeup bag, just like the big girls are getting (kind of) I think she'll like being involved like they are. Activity things are good too, like a coloring book or some fun smelly markers, colored pencils.
    If she has her ears pierced you could get her some nice earrings, I did some monogram stuff from etsy, there are lots of cute ideas on there too, or a jewelry box, a backpack she can use for school maybe with her name on it. I hope you find something! The good thing is most kids will love anything you get them!
  • I gave my flower girls "Build-A-Bear" bears with the bride outfit. It was the bear and dress it with a bride dress, veil, bouquet, and garter. It was adorable! My girls are 5 and 7. I thought about jewelrey but didn't see anything I really loved that I thought would work. I didn't actually see the girls' reaction, but everyone I told thought it was a great idea! Hope you find something and good luck!!!
  • Thanks for the ideas everyone! This morning on my way to work I looked into a jewelery store window and saw a PERFECT sturdy little pearl necklace that I ended up buying! It's on a thick-ish silver chain and has a big gorgeous pearl pendant. I'm wearing my grandmother's pears, so it'll match, and it came in a super-cute box, and the store was a local, non-chain one run by the nicest little old man. So it worked out perfectly!
    image 122 Invited
    image 77 Are ready to party!
    image 45 Are missing out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards