Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Food for reception?

We're planning on having about 120 people at our casual wedding, which is at 2pm. Would it be ok to serve them chicken strips, mashed potatoes, green beans and rolls?

Re: Food for reception?

• cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As long the rest of your wedding is casual, then yeah. If these are foods that you love then go for it!!
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Since your wedding is casual, that sounds good to me! 

However, if I were you, I may add another "entree" type food to your menu. Maybe sliders? Chicken pot pie? Just a suggestion!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • mpatt2122mpatt2122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds good to me. As long as there is enough food to eat I would be happy.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I don't think there's anything wrong with those types of food and they sound super yummy for a casual wedding, but like PP suggested you might need a touch of variety.  How about adding a salad bar or sliders (good call PP) or some spinach and artichoke dip or something? 
  • BrambleBerryBrambleBerry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds a little strange for a wedding... If you can't do a fancier meal, how about just doing passed appetizers that are cute and a little fanicer?
    Like instead of chicken strips, do chicken kabobs with a thai peanut dipping sauce, do mini grilled cheese with tomato soup shooters, a mashed potato bar, a pizza station, etc.
    I think you can make it a little fancier without spending much more.
  • anwsdanwsd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • leah2489leah2489 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think those are perfect ideas for a casual wedding. I wish that was my menu! I am not big on "fancy" food. I agree that maybe you should add in another entree, maybe hamburgers to keep with the casual feel. Or maybe just add a few other sides, like french fries and corn for the people who don't like green beans.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • tesskerrtesskerr member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Any vegetarians coming? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards