Wedding Etiquette Forum

inviting the ladies from work?

helps me please!  my wedding is in 2 1/2 weeks.  almost all our RSVPs are in and we have less people then we thought we would. so now i want to know if it is okay to invite the women i work with.  there are four of them but i don't want them to be offended and think they were like my "b" list.  i also dont want them to bring there significant others just them.  is this okay??? should i just leave it be and not invite them??

Re: inviting the ladies from work?

• Don't B list them. Two and a half weeks is really short notice, and an obvious B list. Also, you'd have to invite the SOs.
    photo JamieMasonWedding-8992-S.jpg
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_inviting-the-ladies-from-work?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ff1932b2-33c1-4756-88c5-4cd5f423f769Post:9a66f3ae-dde4-4f78-8b7a-c35a2e24e77b">inviting the ladies from work?</a>:
    [QUOTE]helps me please!  my wedding is in 2 1/2 weeks.  almost all our RSVPs are in and we have less people then we thought we would. so now i want to know if it is okay to invite the women i work with.  there are four of them<strong> </strong>but<strong> <font color="#FF0000">1. </font>i don't want them to be offended and think they were like my "b" list.  <font color="#FF0000">2. </font>i also dont want them to bring there significant others just them.  </strong>is this okay??? <strong><font color="#339966">should i just leave it be and not invite them??</font></strong>
    Posted by reckert7[/QUOTE]

1. It will be obvious that they were b-listed, and they will be offended.
    2. It is rude to invite someone without their significant others.  Even if you weren't b-listing them, you would need to invite them with their SO's.

Definitely leave it be and don't invite them.  Enjoy a more intimate wedding.
  • Just leave it how it is. Don't invite them so close to the wedding.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • How could they not think they are your "b" list.  They clearly ARE your "b" list.  

B-listing and not inviting SO's are rude. Let it be.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards