California-Los Angeles
Options

LONG BEACH venues,

Hey all.. My girl friend just got engaged!  YAY!!  She lives in LB, CA, and was hoping to find a cute venue, not too $$ though, she is paying for this herself and was trying to do it at $10 G  Do you think that is possible anywhere in LB?  For maybe like 100 guests??  Any advice would be awesome>  Thanks!!!  B

Re: LONG BEACH venues,

• Options
    Hoooray!! Congrats to you friend.
    Try these (links) : 

Good luck!!!! 
  • Options
    try the grand event center long beach, they have resonable prices and venues are nicee for both ceremony reception .
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-los-angeles_long-beach-venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:68Discussion:3c4d6703-7a23-4aa8-8167-6f895f791086Post:12a1f189-3447-4f65-a8e1-a43f4cd30a3e">Re: LONG BEACH venues,</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hoooray!! Congrats to you friend. Try these (links) :  Hornblower Cruises Queen Mary Earl Burns Miller Japanese Gardens The Sky Room   Good luck!!!! 
    Posted by RoMy215[/QUOTE]

Thank you!!!  Has anyone you know ever gotten married at any of these places??  If yes how was it?  I have called and emailed these places, still waiting for response, but hopefully $ isnt too bad..  :) 
  • Options
    The Reef Restaurant. They have an outdoor patio space on the water where you can have your ceremony as well.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-los-angeles_long-beach-venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:68Discussion:3c4d6703-7a23-4aa8-8167-6f895f791086Post:11fbbdae-d864-4ef3-bce7-11a2b190ef4b">Re: LONG BEACH venues,</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: LONG BEACH venues, : Thank you!!!  Has anyone you know ever gotten married at any of these places??  If yes how was it?  I have called and emailed these places, still waiting for response, but hopefully $ isnt too bad..  :) 
    Posted by bridget1312[/QUOTE]

<div>My photographer has done (at least one) wedding at Earl Burns Miller Japanese gardens, and I do know someone who was married on the QM a few years ago. Unfortunately I don't have any personal experience with these though. </div><div>I've dealt with Hornblower a few times for other things though and they were pretty nice. I gave serious thought to having my wedding on a Hornblower ship, but I'm very prone to motion sickness and refused to take a chance that I would have to walk down the aisle wearing Sea Bands (that look like 80's sweat bands); plus if my family was on a ship together for 3 hours, someone would've gone overboard. =p</div><div>
    </div><div>Good luck. </div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    So exciting!

I'm a photographer and shot a wedding at Recreation Park Golf Course in Long Beach and overheard a few family members rave about the price.  I'm not exactly sure what it was though.  Definitely worth checking out.  The venue had a gorgeous ceremony location and perfect spot for sunset photos!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-los-angeles_long-beach-venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:68Discussion:3c4d6703-7a23-4aa8-8167-6f895f791086Post:74c68be0-1ba1-4738-bd34-8cea563c9e55">Re: LONG BEACH venues,</a>:
    [QUOTE]So exciting! I'm a photographer and shot a wedding at Recreation Park Golf Course in Long Beach and overheard a few family members rave about the price.  I'm not exactly sure what it was though.  Definitely worth checking out.  The venue had a gorgeous ceremony location and perfect spot for sunset photos!
    Posted by CANDEE43[/QUOTE]

I believe it's Skylinks Golf Course, It's across from the LB airport and one of my co-workers recommended this place as well when she found out I was engaged.
  • Options
    Tell her to try Hotel Maya or the ebell club. If she's willing to have her wedding on a friday or sunday she can also get great prices at venues thatnormally charge alot.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards